8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, back with another issue. was driving around today and during the drive my second gear started to shift really rough. almost feels like it jerks while shifting. any ideas what i should do to diagnose the issue? its an automatic btw.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey guys, back with another issue. was driving around today and during the drive my second gear started to shift really rough. almost feels like it jerks while shifting. any ideas what i should do to diagnose the issue? its an automatic btw.
I would check the tranny oil level.
And also check when it was last changed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check the tranny oil level.
And also check when it was last changed.
level was fine, it wasnt very bright it was super dull red and i only recently bought the car so i have no clue when it was last changed or if it was ever changed. its got 71k on it

·
Registered
525 Posts
No its an auto
I didn't read it carefully, my bad facepalm

nah its an 08 EX. and for some reason it stopped doing all that all together. now its driving fine. its weird
I would change the ATF if it hasn't been changed in a while. Changing mine at the time made my tranny shift smoother. I did 3 drain and fills because it hasn't been changed in years when I performed the job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't read it carefully, my bad facepalm

I would change the ATF if it hasn't been changed in a while. Changing mine at the time made my tranny shift smoother. I did 3 drain and fills because it hasn't been changed in years when I performed the job.
yeah i checked the atf and it didnt look as good as id like so imma change it

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah i checked the atf and it didnt look as good as id like so imma change it
You should be happy if it's not the cleanest, but still red. Its a red flag to me that a car might have trans issues if the fluid is new. The only other thing I can add is that it might take some time for the computer to adjust to your driving style if the last person drove slow. I think automatic trans hondas are the better place to look for one that hasn't been beat on for that reason.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should be happy if it's not the cleanest, but still red. Its a red flag to me that a car might have trans issues if the fluid is new. The only other thing I can add is that it might take some time for the computer to adjust to your driving style if the last person drove slow. I think automatic trans hondas are the better place to look for one that hasn't been beat on for that reason.
that makes sense, i drive a little wild so that would definitely make sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts