8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 07 si everything stock except i/e, recently i started using this as my food delivery car and after about 21/2 hour of smooth city driving from nowhere i started to get the second gear grind. It just wont go into second in first try and it was hard to get into other gears as well but there were no grinding, I drove like that for about 15 min the I just started to skip second. I had to adjust the clutch pedal last year when i bought the car bcz it was locking in the gears and not coming out, recently I also change the tranny fluid with the redline fluid. This grinding goes away when i park the car for about 30 min and drive again and its smooth.
And this happens almost everytime when I am driving for longer period of time in city, havent got a chance to take it for a long highway trip to see if it only happens in city driving. Theres also this noise when pressing the clutch and its not the squeeky stuff, u could actually feel it towards the bottom of the pedal.
Could it be that clutch pedal needs the adjustment?
Thanks.

Registered
Hi, I have a 07 si everything stock except i/e, recently i started using this as my food delivery car and after about 21/2 hour of smooth city driving from nowhere i started to get the second gear grind. It just wont go into second in first try and it was hard to get into other gears as well but there were no grinding, I drove like that for about 15 min the I just started to skip second. I had to adjust the clutch pedal last year when i bought the car bcz it was locking in the gears and not coming out, recently I also change the tranny fluid with the redline fluid. This grinding goes away when i park the car for about 30 min and drive again and its smooth.
And this happens almost everytime when I am driving for longer period of time in city, havent got a chance to take it for a long highway trip to see if it only happens in city driving. Theres also this noise when pressing the clutch and its not the squeeky stuff, u could actually feel it towards the bottom of the pedal.
Could it be that clutch pedal needs the adjustment?
Thanks.
I would first check and see where the noise is coming from.. that could be the culprit.
Second, you could check around the clutch pedal area for any cracks, that could cause noise and gear lock-outs.

But yea, I would try adjusting the CMC after that, just for peace of mind.
Let us know馃憤馃徎

Registered
First check to see if ur pedal is still intact like mentioned but i think its ur throwout bearing going. I had the same issues and kept adjusting my pedal until my throwout bearing took a dump on me and i couldn't get it into any gear.

Registered
Inspect your clutch master cylinder fluid as well, if its low or very dirty, you may have found the issue

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I would first check and see where the noise is coming from.. that could be the culprit.
Second, you could check around the clutch pedal area for any cracks, that could cause noise and gear lock-outs. View attachment 244399
But yea, I would try adjusting the CMC after that, just for peace of mind.
Let us know馃憤馃徎
The noise is gone after I did the adjustment but it still grind when driven hard or when driving for longer period of time like over an hour then the second starts to have the issue and I'm also gonna change the clutch fluid soon bcz it is very brownish hopefully that fixes it and there was no crack at the pedal, I checked it when I was doing adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts