8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I ordered my Greddy Kit and paid for it in full with the install = 3500 all paid for but I havent gotten the kit installed due to the fact that my shop wants me to get the new kit with the plug and play e-manage system... my dillema is now im hearing a lot of good things about AJP and for the 700 dollars difference it seems to be worth it to me to switch over... however I wanna know if the AJP kit now, is as reliable as the greddy kit and as complete? so if i were to switch over I wouldnt have any regrets? people pls help me out so I can figure out which way to finally go? if there is any AJP sponsor that is willing to give me a full explanation as well pls help out... thanks to all for giving me their 2 cents worth in advance i know ive been flip flopping but I want the biggest bang for buck with reliability of course :wavey:

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Ok so I ordered my Greddy Kit and paid for it in full with the install = 3500 all paid for but I havent gotten the kit installed due to the fact that my shop wants me to get the new kit with the plug and play e-manage system... my dillema is now im hearing a lot of good things about AJP and for the 700 dollars difference it seems to be worth it to me to switch over... however I wanna know if the AJP kit now, is as reliable as the greddy kit and as complete? so if i were to switch over I wouldnt have any regrets? people pls help me out so I can figure out which way to finally go? if there is any AJP sponsor that is willing to give me a full explanation as well pls help out... thanks to all for giving me their 2 cents worth in advance i know ive been flip flopping but I want the biggest bang for buck with reliability of course :wavey:
thats why you stay n/a...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
greddy installed and running correctly will be $3500
BASE AJ kit = $4500...but you need all their "accessories " for it to run + install + fabrication for your kit to fit correctly. your looking at probably 7k for teh AJ kit when your done...

aj kit wil be 2x as much, but it will eventualy get you 40% more hp than the greddy ever will.

if your shop included tuning you e-manage for the $3500, IMO, you got a great price.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
$3500 could go along way n/a and probably still buy you baller rims...my .02...look at x's car, pretty sick...all n/a

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does the fabrication all consist of? and as far as there accessories everything but the gauge holder is another 1500 so im looking at 5800 installed? so is that still worth it? and is it a relaible kit?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Since you obviously want boost. and really anything over 300hp is pushing streret-ability with our cars right now I say go for e-manage. Its a great tuning system, galaxygreysi is almost at 300whp with the greddy kit and full 3" downpipe and exhaust and 10psi tune with e-manage. And you can always upgrade to a bigger and better turbo with greddy when the time is right.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
what does the fabrication all consist of? and as far as there accessories everything but the gauge holder is another 1500 so im looking at 5800 installed? so is that still worth it? and is it a relaible kit?
kit isnt anywhere near as reliable as greddy. and the fabrication can cosisit of anything from milling down their lifetime warrentied manifold or rerouting the intercooler piping.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Honestly E-Manage is garbage, You could sit on your kit until Hondata comes out sell it or just deal with E-Manage until Hondata.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i should tough it out and stick with greddy then? i mean with K-pro coming out it should level everything out when it comes to turboes for our cars right? JSB03F u got a turbo setup in your whip?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
No I was running nitrous....deceidd to do a slow built NA instead, I just cant drop that kind of money like you :D What I would do is talk to galaxygreysi, he is farthest along with the greddy kit now and puts out very stout numbers. I am sure any question you have he can answer. He is pushing last time i checked somewhere like 280 - 300whp with the geddy and e-manage. Give him a shout

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
If your willing to wait for a few months there are a few more kits hitting the market. Redshift is currently in the works for a turbo kit with a GT30R as there base turbo and another vendor just joined the site a few weeks ago with a kit. Swift Racing that is currenly building my car is also in development of a new kit and should have a good solution by Feb.

The Greddy kit is good for max of 300whp. The AJP is what it is, better power but lots of added work. You could go N/A.. you have the money and N/A will get you some good numbers. But I prefer BOOST!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I love boost! But my 91 MR2 Turbo was a Beast!!!! Making the Si blow wind wont be as fun, so I just plan to work the redline and rev the sh*t out of that little NA!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
If your willing to wait for a few months there are a few more kits hitting the market. Redshift is currently in the works for a turbo kit with a GT30R as there base turbo and another vendor just joined the site a few weeks ago with a kit. Swift Racing that is currenly building my car is also in development of a new kit and should have a good solution by Feb.

The Greddy kit is good for max of 300whp. The AJP is what it is, better power but lots of added work. You could go N/A.. you have the money and N/A will get you some good numbers. But I prefer BOOST!
do you have something against traction?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so if i decide to tell my shop i dont want my kit and get a refund? what can i do with 6000 in parts that have been already paid for and set aside if i go N/A?

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
tsx cams
Hondata reflash
vibrant r/h w/cat...save the enviroment...
x's intake stage 2
p2r throttle spacers, etc...

you should be around 230 hp...just an estimate...w/traction and still have over $4000 for rims, suspension etc...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
so if i decide to tell my shop i dont want my kit and get a refund? what can i do with 6000 in parts that have been already paid for and set aside if i go N/A?
huh? if you get a refund you wont have 6k in parts,,,you will have 6k in cash....
that bold part doenst make sense....are you asking what NA mods you can do with 6k?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah what N/A mods can i do with 6k and ill have credit im assuming which is fine cauz im looking to spend all the money on my car... a lil debriefing on what i have on my car already...

tein ss coilovers
Injen CAI
and thats as far as performance goes

so you can say im done building the looks of my car and now i want to do some serious engine work...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts