8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i wanna change the seats of the car... for some RECAROS... the ones like the DC5's
but here they are too expensive 21000(pair)
so do u know where does i can get some ones but cheapper in the US?

and what other brand make good seats... i want all red... just whit a brand tag maybe....
but not cheap ones
i had seem some BRIDE's how good is that brand?
any other sugestion?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I sure dont know about aftermarket racing seats .... Maybe a tuner forum would be more help. Not that this isnt a tuner forum, but a different one.

I dont know.

I was going to post that I really like the 2 tone interior of the Hybrid. The blue and beige/tan really is nice looking. I wish that was avail for the regular sedan.

·
Registered
321 Posts
21000 for a pair!?! What currency?

You might want to research this swap a bit more. You'd have better chances with the USDM DC5 seats. I think the airbag system between the RSX and the ITR are a bit different. I think the RSX has side airbags and the passenger side position sensor. I do not know if the ITR has a sensor like that but I'm sure it doesn't have the side airbags.

It's wiring it all up that may be a problem. But I'd rather not disable anything or have to deal with a constant SRS light.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had seen some DAD type R style seats.... and it looks preatty good...
do some one know something about that brand? (DAD=Dynamic Auto Design)

·
Registered
436 Posts
i no u want different seats but ill take the extra airbags any day. im paralized now because i had no airbags to protect me in my wreck last year. so im making sur i get a car with as many airbags as i can. youll hat urself for it if u get majorly hurt and those airbags could have prevented it. im just saying my .02. plz dont make as rude comment . i think i have the place to make this aurgument. god bless u if u get thes seats.

be safe,

des

·
Registered
436 Posts
i am gettin an ex auto/navi because i have to put driving controls on the car which honda pays up to 1000.00 towards making a car accessible

·
Banned
325 Posts
NO NO NO

This is what you need to do right here.

Corbeau Racing Seats.

Heres the link to thier Site : http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml

i had some of the Black CR-1's in my RSX and they were MUCH more comfy than sparco's or recaro's, and they are about 1/3 of the price, not to mention, they are excellent quality, so if i were you, this is what i would be doing.

They come in Numerous colors, styles, and fits.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i had the CR1's also, but in my eclipse GSX and I loved them.

On my RSX-S i kept the seats stock and ran harnesses and I was fine for track days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You guys do know there are airbags in the seats right?

And active head restraint

And weight and position sensors

Not only would it be kindof dumb to remove safety equipment, I imagine the car would be confused about how it's airbags were functioning and who was sitting where.

·
Registered
47 Posts
iwu brings up a VERY good point..

but the real tweakers dont care too much about saftey....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i just got some DAD seats
here are the pics
but im considering to sell it... cus the security and the confort of the stock ones

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i will try
but its gonna be like a "Ex wanna be Si"
another Q?
does the Ex seats... r the same as the Si but in diferent fabric?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts