8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a thread the other day where some1 put some spacers under his seat rails to make them more like a bucket seat. i was driving recently and noticed i keep sliding foward every now and then so i thought of that thread... but i cant find it. basically, i realized this would be a good mod to do and i would like to follow what he did. if anyone knows about that thread and can post the link here, it would be very helpful!:thumb:

thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't understand... Spacers under his seat rails for what? Maybe I'm the only person who has no idea what you're talking about.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i saw a thread the other day where some1 put some spacers under his seat rails to make them more like a bucket seat. i was driving recently and noticed i keep sliding foward every now and then so i thought of that thread... but i cant find it. basically, i realized this would be a good mod to do and i would like to follow what he did. if anyone knows about that thread and can post the link here, it would be very helpful!:thumb:

thanks
Not sure I understand. The front seats in the Si are bucket seats.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to make the bottom of the seat where your thighs are, angled up more so you are less prone to sliding foward.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ahhhh...I see. I just didn't understand the part where you said "make it more like a bucket seat". I don't have any problems like "sliding forward" in my seat, so I never even thought about this. Oh well, anyway....I never saw the thread you're referring to, so I can't help. Sorry!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know the thread you're referring to, but I don't have a link. I'm gonna go on record as saying "don't do it." The mod you're thinking about constitutes a serious safety risk, in my opinion.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
how is it a safety risk?

it wouldnt be hard to do, just take out the front 2 bolts on the seat mount go to home depot or lowes or something and get some alittle longer and grab some washers that fit and bolt it all back down. you will have to loosen the rears so you can move the seat also.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I just take some rope and tie myself in. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
how is it a safety risk?

it wouldnt be hard to do, just take out the front 2 bolts on the seat mount go to home depot or lowes or something and get some alittle longer and grab some washers that fit and bolt it all back down. you will have to loosen the rears so you can move the seat also.
That also means shorter bolts and more weak points. This sounds like a really bad idea. I don't think it would hold up under impact...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts