8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's seat height adjuster won't stay where I set it. I like the seat all the way up. Just about every day when I get in the car I have to ratchet it up about 3 or 4 cranks on the adjuster. Has anyone else had this problem? Know if it's a simple adjustment of the tension or what? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
/rant

I've had my seat all the way up since I had the car (Oct. 2005). And a couple of months ago, I did noticed that the seat wasn't all the way up for some reason. But when I pulled it back all the way up, it didn't feel comfortable. Now, I drive about 3-clicks down. It also didn't feel comfortable at first, but I got used to it.

/end of rant

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to ask about it when it's time for my first service. I just figured I'd see if others had the problem and if so what the reason/solution is.

A diet would be a good thing although at 210 I'm sure I'm not nearly as heavy as some users of the car so it should stay where it's set. At least my extra weight is not due to an excess of rudeness.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I plan to ask about it when it's time for my first service. I just figured I'd see if others had the problem and if so what the reason/solution is.

A diet would be a good thing although at 210 I'm sure I'm not nearly as heavy as some users of the car so it should stay where it's set. At least my extra weight is not due to an excess of rudeness.
any new updates? I am also having the same exact problems with my seat height adjustments.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem and I only weigh 175. Every other day I have to ratchet the seat back up. I took it to the dealer a couple years ago and told them about it - they said there was no issue. Obviously there is but I didn't want to go back and forth with them about it.

Also, my driver window sometimes decides not to go all the way up when I hit the button and it comes back down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts