8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the rear deck on my Si Sedan for tinting and noticed how leaky and flimsy the factory subwoofer enclosure is. Has anyone attempted to improve this by "dynamatting" and sealing the rear deck? I'm tempted to do so while everything is off just to help the poor sub out.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Haha thats a noble thing to do. Im sure id help out a tad. But im just gonna ditch it soon and get a Sub and box! Alot of peeps on here are weight saving freaks so dynamat is just added weight. I think itd help tho.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, in my mind, it has to help a little.

I was thinking of using the "dynamat" to help stiffen the plastic panel and to cover and minimize all the leaks occurring from the truck back into the cabin. I'm thinking that this stock configuration has some potential with a better enclosure.

Well, at least it won't cost too much or take up too much of my time. Just wondering if anybody tried...

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Yeah its worth a shot man. I mean the sub really isnt meant to produce any crazy SPL, and it is free air sub, not to mention an 8". But I dont think itd hurt. Give it a shot and post your opinion!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I plan to do this when I replace the sub. An IB setup is supposed to be completely sealed off, and the factory is obviously not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts