8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
that is a sick car...question how do reverse ??,...is it like a button bc i didnt see a gear shift i know that they are clutchless and paddle shifts..but how do u reverse?

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
that is a sick car...question how do reverse ??,...is it like a button bc i didnt see a gear shift i know that they are clutchless and paddle shifts..but how do u reverse?
(I would assume -->)Just keep shifting down from 2-1-N-R Kind of like an automatic. They are paddle shifters. Look at the interior pic with the steering wheel. You can see the thumb print on the left hand side and just to the left of that you can see the paddle with a - inside it. That is the downshift paddle and there is one on the opposite side of the steering wheel that is the upshift paddle and that paddle can BARELY been seen just to the right of the right side of the steering wheel but it is visible.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, there's a large button with a "R" on the center console.. on the 360 there's a small switch type knob that you lift up and pull back to put the car in reverse. you cant get to it by simply using the paddle shifters down.. that would be extremely dangerous while you're downshifting if you accidentally shifted to reverse

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, there's a large button with a "R" on the center console.. on the 360 there's a small switch type knob that you lift up and pull back to put the car in reverse. you cant get to it by simply using the paddle shifters down.. that would be extremely dangerous while you're downshifting if you accidentally shifted to reverse
Well on a track it will be very rare that you get down into second gear unless you are making a very very sharp turn. On top of that you would have to go into neutral before getting to reverse. Then again I have never driven a F430.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
also, the dealership i work at also has a ferrari dealer and i was picking up our 1993 512TR and this was in the showroom

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
:yeahthat:

You can see the "R" in the 4th picture. It's the same panel where "Launch Control" and something else is.

That looks like the same Scuderia that was at the LA Auto Show. NICE! Those carbon-ceramic brakes are the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
:yeahthat:

You can see the "R" in the 4th picture. It's the same panel where "Launch Control" and something else is.

That looks like the same Scuderia that was at the LA Auto Show. NICE! Those carbon-ceramic brakes are the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

yea.. in the middle is actually an "auto" feature which basically makes into an automatic.. no more paddle shifting when that gets pushed

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
As awesome as the car is...those brakes are really wigging me out. There's like...less than two inches of room from the rotor to the wheel wall from what it looks like...and they can still fit the caliper!

...I can't believe I'm drooling over brakes....

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm.......so yum!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts