8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used car and some nasty swirls everywhere. I tried my hand at some Scratch-X and I can't seem to get it to clear up. It stays cloudy even though I'm following the directions, or think I am. I'm applying it basically like a wax, but keep working it in till it's almost completely clear, then wiping it off with one of those Meg's MF towels that comes with the clay kits.
Am I doing something wrong, or not doing something I should be to make the paint clearer and not cloudy? Or could it take more than 3 applications to get it where it should be?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Scratch-x needs a lot of pressure behind it as it is applied. Post a picture if you can. You might need something a bit more aggressive like Meguiars 105. Possibly a maching polisher like the porter cable 7424.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scratch-x needs a lot of pressure behind it as it is applied. Post a picture if you can. You might need something a bit more aggressive like Meguiars 105. Possibly a maching polisher like the porter cable 7424.
I used a little more pressure than I do when I wax, but not as much as I could. I thought it was better to let the Scratch-X do the work and not try to force it to work. I am considering getting a PC 7424, but since my first trial at the Scratch-X didn't seem to work well, I started to think twice about it.

I'll try to get some pics, but it's dark now and I don't know how well the pic would come out. I have to look at the right angle to see it as it is.

Pics would help. Are you using a buffer? Or by hand?
By hand so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts