8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I know my uncle got one the other day. He is a bigger guy and has drove mini vans his whole life..finally moved into the new age. The new ones aren't so boxy and have cool looking headlights. Not the car for me...but def a step up from mini vans for my uncle.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I *still* don't like the front of that car. The profile is sorta growing on me, what with the chop-top roof job...but, I dunno, the front makes it look like it has buck teeth or something....

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I really didn't like the old xB and when I saw this one for the first time that disliking turned into a full hatred. This car is up there with the Echo and the Aerio in ugly-ness and my hatred for them.

:wavey:

·
Registered
271 Posts
definitely improved

I don't like the 1st gen at all but I like the new one. It's really a big improvement, as the article says.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
reelbigfish241 said:
I really didn't like the old xB and when I saw this one for the first time that disliking turned into a full hatred. This car is up there with the Echo and the Aerio in ugly-ness and my hatred for them.

:wavey:
+1!!

I don't get it either.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I actually LIKE the 1st generation xB compared to this lardass looking car.

Seriously, it looks so bloated and fat. And one reverse light? Tacky.

Unique, though, that is for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wonder how long before it appears close to the top of Cnets 10 ugliest car list..I think there were 2 of things the last time they published that list.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
unless you own a business and you are going to "wrap" the car I cant even think of a single reason to have one of these things. It offers a lot of advertizing space being that its a huge f***ing box....but thats about it. Hell its almost as slow as a freaking Civic! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
its much better looking than the previous one and i think it will
attract the elderly... seriously, they are easy to get in/out vs most
cars.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
NARFALICIOUS said:
add a supercharger to a 2.5 liter and only achieve 200 hp??

the si can do that on a stock 2.0 liter :cool:

its a 2.4 ;)

the TC puts down 160 hp and like 165 lb tq at the crank ... and with the SC from what ive seen over at scionlife .. its puts down right around 200 whp and 175 lb tq at the wheels

pretty much right inline with comptech numbers for the SI as far as gains go

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i used to have an xb when they came out - mine was an 05 .. and to be honest.. i loved the thing...

i had a few mods on it

2" drop
Webasto panoramic roof (4 foot roof)
18" motegi FF7
Injen intake
Front strut bar
Hid projector retrofit with CCFL running lights
and some other stuff i cant remember off the top of my head

here are a few pics

and you want COLOR at the cutoff ;)

here is a pic of the cutoff of the projectors i had in the retro .. these are unmodded - they are like this stock

and for all the projector lovers - here is a comparison to an s2k ... notice the extreme color at the cutoff in the projectors i was using vs the s2k .. light width and intensity is right on par with the s2k as well

anyone care to guess what projectors they were ;) .. you'd really have to know ure hid stuff to get this one

1 - 20 of 28 Posts