8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure if I should even mod the SI at all, but if I did I would SC it. But I would really like to buy an 07 STI. How much faster would the STI be? Should I just save for the STI and lightly mod the SI, like just adding the ETD & DCRH.

If you guys can give me any of your opinions, that would be great :thumb:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I own a 05 sti currently and well its gonna be faster that a sc si when the sti is modded. Stage two 07's which is basically exhuast and a tune make somewhere around 320whp/340wtq give or take. Thats about 1500 max in mods. You may be alittle lower but yeah 07's make good power but they have also been having some serious em problems even stock cars have been having issues. Anyway the 07's do have a much nicer trans since its geared higher in 4th.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:yeahthat: Thats what I have been thinking about, I know the 07's need a tune, because of the bad factory tune. I would be really happy with an 2007 STI with 320HP/340TQ AWHP.

That is still pretty damn fast :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Go STi, first off your gonna have a F/I car under warranty (if you keep it stock), secondly AWD, and lastly the STi is just that an STi, an Si will never come close to it unless heavily modified.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Na both EVO/STI look good, but I like the STI a little better. Plus STI after Stage 2 Tune is going to be way faster then a Stock evo.

I actually almost got an EVO but the dealership kept screwing with us on the prices. I hate salesman, they always try and BS you, and act like you don't know **** about the car. WHen in fact you know more then they do, sry little rant, :chill: lol

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
The Sti will be the faster car. But ask yourself these two questions..

1- do I really need all that power and will I use it?
2- if I did get the STI would I be happy with it and NOT spend even more $$$ to mod it?

I would suggest taking the time to test drive the STI, GTI, MazdaSpeed, or any other like priced car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I would/need that power, why else would we all want to mod our cars, just to waste money, lol

I already looked at all the other cars on the market, GTI= too slow, MS3 = FWD + Hatchback FTL.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ok for the record and this is from an sti owner if you want alot of power and don't wanna spend 90k buy an evo.

·
Registered
601 Posts
just go STI if you dont like EVOs. its better than Si in every *performance aspect. just think how much has to be done to a Si to be equal to a Stock STI, and i am not talking just about straight line performance.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would say buy the STi hands down. You're gonna be spending alot of money to get the power you want if you decide to keep the SI. On the other hand, keeping the SI would be making the SI "your own" by putting various mods on it.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.