8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well today i got my ecu back and finished with my fuel pump, dont even know if i did it right, i just knew something was gonna go wrong, i kept turning the key on and off like the instructions said to build fuel pressure, after a handful of times doing that started it up, took a few seconds to start, dunno if i wasnt getting fuel cuz pressure didnt build up from me turning it all those times or what. but anyways it started and i let it sit there and run for awhile, ran ac, made sure coolant was filled up and what not.

then i get in the car to go test it out see if anything is wrong, i take it real slow for like 15 mins letting the ecu learn, waiting to get to a highway or open stretch of road to step on it, i got to a decent spot so i figured i would open it up, floored the gas, believe i was in third and bam the car starts to studder and what i can only describe as a "glurping" sort of sound was coming from the engine bay. dunno what the hell is going on. am i not getting enough fuel???? perhaps i didnt crush the FPR correctly????

another thing is if i slowly let the speed come up i can get it to redline without it really acting like that, however unlike the videos of people i have seen on here with the comptech kit my car seems nothing like theirs. it didnt speed up anywhere near as fast, i couldnt seem to here even the slightest bit of whine as i have read and been told is so loud you cant miss it.

i know i know i wrote a lot, anything else i can tell to make it easier to figure out please tell me. i really need to get this fixed, whoever the hell figures out how to solve this problem and get my **** running right will get a very nice present in their paypal account

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do those sound like things that could be caused by an intake leak?? would that make it only do it like that when i punch the gas and make it seem like im not boosting

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Did you follow the installation instructions to make sure you did every step correctly? Did you get a check engine light and if so, what diagnostic trouble codes were triggered?

I would suggest double checking everything. In particular, are you sure that you reinstalled the in tank assembly correctly? If I were to guess, I would say that you might have binded the rubber gasket on the in tank assembly before tightening the ring which would create a pressure leak.

Other things are, did you do the idle learn and crank pattern learn procedures after installing the ECM?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm well i guess ill have to check it when its light outside, highrev if i snap pics of all the hoses and everything would you mind double checking and letting me know if they are all hooked up right

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
i just thought about that.did you let it sit and idle once you started it up or did you take it out right away.
That would be part of the idle learn procedure. Start the car, rev it up to 3,000k and keep it there until the engine warms up and the fans kick on. At that point, you need to take your foot off of the gas and let the car idle normally for about five minutes.

The crank pattern learn is a seperate procedure.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you follow the installation instructions to make sure you did every step correctly? Did you get a check engine light and if so, what diagnostic trouble codes were triggered?

I would suggest double checking everything. In particular, are you sure that you reinstalled the in tank assembly correctly? If I were to guess, I would say that you might have binded the rubber gasket on the in tank assembly before tightening the ring which would create a pressure leak.

Other things are, did you do the idle learn and crank pattern learn procedures after installing the ECM?
followed all the instructions, ill go over every single step again once i can get their damn instructions since they made it where you gotta email them to get them( knew i should just downloaded them instead of always goin to the site)
no CEL's i did the ecm procedure. ill have to recheck my reinstallation job on the fuel tank assembly too

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmm wont be home anytime while its light out tomorrow so i guess the day after that ill have to check all the hoses and in tank assembly, get some pics of some stuff. ill reset the ecu and redo the procedure too, damn this sucks going without a car ughhh, its prob more than one damn prob too, i think ill order the in take assembly gasket and rubber ring and what not just incase there is a leak there. anyone know the part #'s??? im also doubting that i did a good job on crushing the FPR, would something as simple as not doing that correctly cause all that

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.