8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8th please help me...

I used to live up in Illinois and I had to park under a tree and I have a small bit of sap on my windshield right above my wiper blade which is causing a line every time i use my wipers that annoys me!!

Sadly, I didn't act fast enough when it happened (because it happened a lot) and this one straggler will NOT go away for me!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the blade is f-ed anyway...i never thought to try WD40...think it's best to let it soak for a while and then maybe scrape it with a razorblade?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would claybar the windshield to get the sap off and get replacement inserts for 10 total from the stealership... As for paint WD40 is not the greatest but wont strip like brake cleaner will (dont quote me on that though)

·
Registered
503 Posts
:yeahthat: thanks for the confirmation Luke. You must be a detailing GURU
Well I'm not a Guru yet. I just know my stuff. I am here to help detailing as well as once a while check civic news (was going to get one but money was tight, so I'm planning to get a less expensive car in the near months)

If you guys love detailing like I do, trying out new products and meeting some great people- DetailingBliss is the place. Personally, I am registered on all detailing forums, but I am mainly active on that one.

I'm going to start a thread showing what type of work I am capable of, and to provide detailing services in the Mississauga/Brampton area of Ontario. (Not sure if thats allowed though)

Overall, I dont know everything, and there is still some stuff I have to learn and master, so I cant call myself a Guru like Rasky.

I just wanted to give the OP a thumbs up to your comment- wouldnt use WD40 on glass.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
My parents' place has lots of pine trees. If the sap has dried, use a razor blade... definitely a no-brainer since it won't hurt the glass and gets rid of the sap in seconds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts