8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!

well i put my hid kit in about 2 months ago but my drivers side bulb hasn't gone in all the way. SO i remember hearing someone say that they sanded it down a little for it to fit? so if you can PLEASE give detailed instructions on how to get the bulb to go in better that would be great! :wavey:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have much experience on this subject but dremels will fix anything. good luck
well i'd like to stick to some simple sandpaper instead of a dremel... but thanks for the reply!

ALSO if you can give details on exactly what part to sand down and what you used that would be great!

·
Registered
182 Posts
a friend told me that he removed the ring that the bulb is supposed to lock into. should be help by screws, 3 on our cars i believe. After removing that ring, you can push the bulb into the housing and then put the ring back on and screw it in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the foam piece around the bulb to protect it. Then just used some sand paper to sand the edges to make it fit better. I also carefully sprayed WD40 around the bulb and it that made it go it alot easier.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the foam piece around the bulb to protect it. Then just used some sand paper to sand the edges to make it fit better. I also carefully sprayed WD40 around the bulb and it that made it go it alot easier.
i see. exactly what part did you sand? what grade of sandpaper did you use?

and does anyone have a pic showing where im suppose to sand?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used 60 grit sand paper but anything close to that would work. I sanded the parts on the bulb that lock and hold it in the head light housing. I would try just putting some lubricate on the plastic part of the bulb first.

I did;nt have to sand the passenger side bulb just by spraying WD40 on it. But I made sure I was careful not to get any on the bulb itself.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Use silicone lubricant not wd 40 because the rubber gasket will react badly with the oil in wd 40.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I had to grind down the whole ring thing that goes aroud the bulb. I held it steady with both hands while the dremmel was locked into to the vise.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had the same problem with my PNP kit only the left side wouldn't go in all the way. I took a look at both the original bulb and the after market one and they look identical so there were some spots on the bulb that i sanded down using a small file. after that I use silicone to make sure it would go in for sure that time. take your time it should go in if not just make sure that it doesn't easily just slip out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts