8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atic? They have wheels and tires and I was wondering if it was ok to put them in the atic where it's hot as a mother? Let me know, thanks

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
how come snow tires sit for 9-10 months? They havent cracked and the guy who had them before me used them for 3 seasons, and stored them when not on the car.

Only time i see tires that are cracked when they arent being used is when they are on a car that hasnt moved for a long time and the tires are FLAT, causing the rubber to bend more than its suposed to.

None of that is scientific fact, just what i hace experianced over my few years.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
As long as you keep them inflated it wont hurt to store them but yes the attic is probably way too hot to keep tires for months at a time.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Generally, tires are kept in a cool, dry area. An attic is generally warmer and the air is stagnant. I would think that if you put some tire protectant on and wrapped in plastic bags, they should be ok. The most destructive element to rubber is the sun, not the heat so much.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I've rotated my summer/winter tires on a couple of my cars over the years, and putting them in a typical closet, in trash-type bags, hasn't caused any problems. To me, considering the heat that tire rubber encounters when *on* the car, keeping them for a few months in a warm attic shouldn't be that big a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts