8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
That sucks..... Even with the right support something happens, time to start working on the car with a someone watching me.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know...R.I.P. : (

Also I would put a wheel under the car in addition to the jack stands...Cause if you are cranking on it hard it could shift the car. I'm so pissed that happened to him and I don't even know him. He was just like one of us...a car guy changing a part...

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
:sadface: I've had a car shift off a jackstand before... luckily the other side prevented the car from coming all the way down on me. R.I.P. Now I always, always after putting the car up on jackstands, put my full weight on corners to make sure its absolutely secure.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
wow... guess its one of those things that "can" happen even though your using all the proper supports

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yep, sad story. Reminds me of when I was wrestling the transmission back into place. It would've been no where near catastrophic as this, but about 2 times I almost dropped it on my face.

Sometimes you have to stop and take a break and realize what you're doing. (I went and bought a transmission jack.)

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Damn...R.I.P

Anyone else notice the lack of reading comprehension on the part of most of the posters in that thread though?

The OP clearly says that the individual passed away, but everybody is saying things like, "I'm sure you'll pull through".

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
You fail then because look at the times, the OP edited the thread after posting it, he said he passed away at 2:45 and the first few posts are at 1 am

1 - 20 of 60 Posts