8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of S2k horns in my garage. I'd like to install them in the Civic. Has anyone done this? I'm hoping the connectors would match up and just be a simple plug and play.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
the horn is in the front bumper area - directly straight ahead of the driver's seat.

there is one horn fed with a single positive lead wire, so if you're connecting two, you'll have to do some tapping/splicing. I just used the original bolt area as the ground (as did the stock horn)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got S2k AP2 horns installed today. After the bumper is removed you can see two horns. It was a 10 minute plug and play install....once the bumper was removed of course.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the horn is in the front bumper area - directly straight ahead of the driver's seat.

there is one horn fed with a single positive lead wire, so if you're connecting two, you'll have to do some tapping/splicing. I just used the original bolt area as the ground (as did the stock horn)
I removed two horns, one located as you described and one in front of the passenger seat. Maybe it's a MY2008 thing?

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
i thought the civic only has one horn. how much better is the s2k horn compard to the 'road runner' beep?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought the civic only has one horn. how much better is the s2k horn compard to the 'road runner' beep?
Definitely two horns, which made it alot easier for the install. If there was only one horn I would have to tap the horn wire to install the second horn (S2k uses two horns) and find a place to mount it.

It's much better than stock. Very loud. It gives it what I would describe as a european sedan tone. Completely satisfied :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts