8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i've been looking around the site and posting about which springs would go good with my car and no one has anwsered a questions. I have herd that the springs alone are not good for the stock suspension so could someone clarify that for me? i will be running the springs with 17x7.5 45 offset rota grids with 225/45/17 BFG kdws. i would like the neuspeed race springs but not sure they will fit without rubbing issues. if anyone has pictures of their car with the neuspeed race springs could you post em up please? thanks!

·
Registered
976 Posts
"I have herd that the springs alone are not good for the stock suspension so could someone clarify that for me?"

eventually you will want to buy some aftermarket shocks/struts. OEM dampers were not designed for lowering springs and higher spring rates. you might not notice anything at first but the dampers will wear out more rapidly. kinda depends on road conditions/driving habits etc. some ppl are able to get away with springs on stock dampers without any problems, but i'd say those ppl are a minority.

·
Registered
967 Posts
the stock shocks arent made for the quicker rebounds from the lowering springs and and will blow faster also you need to get chamber adjusters so your tires dont wear unevenly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts