8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Might be a silly question but does anyone know if the HR CAI is shorter than the S2? As in, how low down does it hang? It appears from the pictures that the HR is shorter but pictures can be deceiving. If it is shorter that would add some added safety against water, however I don't think either one would have any issues with hydrolock with their design and where they are located. Water would have to go through the wheel well and up through the plastic guard on the bottom of the car. I can't see that happening.

Anyway, any input before I order? And any input on using a different coupler where the MAF goes on the S2? Seems the consensus is that the current one causes a power lull in the midrange.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I driven my HR racing through a crazy rainstorm with no hydroshield but I had a fender liner, plus my car is lowered two inches.. no hydro lock. Not saying you should too. The hybrid racing intake also has air bypass valve that will take air from the engine bay if the intake filter gets wet with water. The best gains come from the HR intake but if your worried get skunk2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts