8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i been having this new project in my mind, which is to importing a k20 motor with the comptech supercharger connected and installed and the ECU reflashed, a long with the 6spd tranny and other needed parts for the swap.

What are my possible choices/ companies to do this job and ship it safely to my location (middle east, Qatar)? I have found a good garage that is familiar with hondas.

I am planning on doing this on the end of April, if things are possible with not too much hassle or cost, i will keep on considering this and thinking more about it, if not, then i will just stick with my motor.

Thanks for any help/links/experiences, non constructive comments are not needed.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I see the seed I planted has started to sprout. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
buying the k20 would be easy. however finding a company to install a comptech kit on it would be difficult. let alone shipping it to Qatar. it may be cheaper for you to buy the engine and supercharger kit seperatly and just worry about finding companies that will ship internationally from the United states. if i were you i would try to find an engine from Europe as its much closer to you. k20's can be found in europe as well. now as for the supercharger maybe contact a vendor on the 8th and see if they would be willing to make an exception and ship internationally ?

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^
That is a better idea, shipping from Europe would be easier, but i was more interested in shipping from the states because of this website and though it would be an easier job, i will also look at the K20A off the fd2, and see if i can find a company to ship me the k20A instead.

Also i will most likely get the s/c separately maybe a little after i swap the engines and get more used to it and the 6spd transmission.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
the only problem you may run into with the K20A from the Fd2 is the comptech reflash is not designed for that engine.

here is a quick link i found of a company in the UK that offeres a supercharger kit for the fd2 and fn2. as well as engines. they may be able to help you. i would assume it comes with a way to tune it as well. i would contact them and ask a few questions see if they can help you.
CPL Racing : Honda FN2 & FD2 Parts

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only problem you may run into with the K20A from the Fd2 is the comptech reflash is not designed for that engine.

here is a quick link i found of a company in the UK that offeres a supercharger kit for the fd2 and fn2. as well as engines. they may be able to help you. i would assume it comes with a way to tune it as well. i would contact them and ask a few questions see if they can help you.
CPL Racing : Honda FN2 & FD2 Parts
Looks pretty potential and they got fd2 engines too, i will email them and see what they have for me.

thanks for the help!

I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but ohhhhhhhh, how tempting is it?

http://www.spoonsports.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=K20+CTR+Swap

:popcorn:
" Complete NEW engine and transmission w/ helical type lsd. All external parts. Includes intake/ exhaust manifolds, fuel rail/ injectors, wire harness, all sensors, water pump, alternator, crank pulley. "

Isn't that what i need?

i imagine around 10k-12k of costs at the end, sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
999 Posts
a guy swapped a k20a into his fg1 and used a stock z3 ecu with the hondata reflash without any issues at all. What i'd recommend is purchasing a k20a setup, have Nate at ct-engineering source an ecu for you, have him flash the ecu send the new ecu and s/c kit to you and have a local shop or you yourself do the install, its done with handtools and can easily be done in a weekend.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I wonder if buying from the Ariel Atom people would be easier since they sell a K20 JRSC powered car and probably have that set up sitting around. That is, if they will sell just the swap without the car.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
you are looking at spending a serious amount of money here. i would want a serious amount of power in return.

find a good tuner who can build you a turbo setup and you will be much happier. a motec or haltech seems withing your financial reach.

·
Registered
888 Posts
you are looking at spending a serious amount of money here. i would want a serious amount of power in return.

find a good tuner who can build you a turbo setup and you will be much happier. a motec or haltech seems withing your financial reach.
yea quite a bit of money for a project that will only be semi fast. id be looking into a turbo b series hatch personally.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
yea quite a bit of money for a project that will only be semi fast. id be looking into a turbo b series hatch personally.
not what i was saying. go buy another car is the silliest advice ever. i just think you should look into other more logical boost options other than spending 10+ K on a mild upgrade.

example:

buy an existing kit or build your own. run it with a high dollar ecu and it will be a bad mofo.

don't just get a k20z3 or a CT supercharger because the people on the forum you are on have them. If I had gobbs of money, I would blow their doors off with my own ****.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

not what i was saying. go buy another car is the silliest advice ever. i just think you should look into other more logical boost options other than spending 10+ K on a mild upgrade.

example:

buy an existing kit or build your own. run it with a high dollar ecu and it will be a bad mofo.

don't just get a k20z3 or a CT supercharger because the people on the forum you are on have them. If I had gobbs of money, I would blow their doors off with my own ****.
I really would love to turbo a k20a and get real power out of it, but it's my DD and the turbo needs a lot of service, a s/c sounds much simpler and getting mid/low range power on that would be a good thing.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
if you are dead set on a supercharger than you can have a custom manifold built, buy the ct/jackson pulley setup and again, a high dollar ecu. put a twin screw on it, tune it and piss on any stage ct or jrsc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts