8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off let me start off with a recap of my last review at 60k
ryryninja said:
I'd say its a milestone for this board. This past weekend on my trip to Baltimore, I hit the mark of 60,000 miles on my 2006 NBP FG2. It's been a great journey thus far, had some rough times but overall I've loved every mile of it.

I bought the car back in January 17th, 2006. I remember being the only Si around the area. And now I see them everywhere. I took the car off of the lot at 9 miles after the PDI.

I'm not one of the more modified rides here on this forum, but I've got my share of goodies over the 19 months I've had it. So far I've only had two warranty issues on my car. The passenger seat airbag sensor and the rev hang reflash.

I'm currently on my 2nd set of tires and 2nd clutch disc. If you can remember my clutch disc failed and was causing shifting to be extremely difficult, as well as almost making it impossible to shift into reverse if the car was running. But got it changed out thanks to Blueroadster :thumb:

Most of the miles are highway earned because of my job. I use to travel up to PA a lot as well which also contributed to the high mileage mark.

I run my car pretty hard but I treat it well at the same time, always get my oil changes on time, change out the filters, detail as much as I can..etc... What upsets me is of course the cheap paint which we all know about, but I'm sure my front end makes anyone elses front end look new. You'll see what I mean after 60k miles.

I keep thinking back when I was looking for a car, I was either going to get the FG2, or the DC5, and if I couldn't get a good price on those, I was going to get a S/Ced TC.

I've learned a lot about cars ever since I got this one because this is the first car I purchased and so I've done a lot of work on it and others rides as well.
At times I wish I had a daily beater so that my miles weren't so high but then I wouldn't have experienced as much joy as I do when driving my car.

At this current rate, I'll hit 100k miles sometime next year. It really all depends on how much traveling I do and how much my job sends me to far away places.

I'm sure it will be hard to part ways with this car once it happens. But I definitely want to upgrade to a rear wheel drive after this car. As I said to my friends who complain about how tight it is in the backseat, I won't get a 4 door car until I have a family. I'll never get another black car unless its a garaged weekender.

Pros:
I still get looks and compliments about my car.
Still runs like a champion
NBP FTW!
Still so many more mods to go.

Cons:
Too much miles
Front bumper and hood needs to get repainted.
Stock A/S tires are crap.
Windshield loves to eat rocks and fog lights.

I know there are other 8th civic members with higher mileage but not an Si I don't believe. I'll check back in around 75k or maybe I'll wait until 100k.

I love my si and it loves me and my wallet :D

Thanks webby for having this site, I've learned a great deal from other members who have contributed to this site. I wouldn't be enjoying this car as much as I am now without it.

8thcivic FTMFW :thumb:

P.S. I remembered one more warranty issue. I had my subwoofer replaced around 32000 miles because it blew out. I got it replaced under warranty :thumb:
So lets see... 10k miles later.. No major changes except for headlights I believe. I now have retros, which has landed in one of my fav. upgrades for my car. I think those who want HIDs should just go straight to retros and not waste money on PnP kits.

I know there has been numerous new members since I wrote my last review so you can just read the quoted info above.

That's all.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You might say that there isnt much to read if you read my last review.. thats because the car still stands the same. No problems, nothing major to blab on about.

Expect a 100k review in about 9 months... It will probably be best to ask me any questions so that I answer them rather than write something all over again.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whitecivicsi said:
Nice to see there has been no problems bud. Love the retros btw
Whats up Mike! You gonna be in the area this week?????

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nayilsi said:
time to change ur timing belt.
???? No... The si has a timing chain. It doesn't need to be replaced.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
ryryninja said:
Whats up Mike! You gonna be in the area this week?????
No man...been very busy down south here...thinking about heading out to vegas instead of MD. Might be there for DEC holidays though. Still debating.

·
Registered
522 Posts
70k miles nice job dude. :)

I deliver pizzas in my car (LOL I know) i'll be up there soon.

I got my car 4 months ago I am at 13k haha... damnit..

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have 35k on mine and I think the best sign about Hondas and their ability to keep on going is the fact there is no hiccup, no problems, no drama when the odometer turns. I was so happy mine turned to 30k without so much as a blink. I can only imagine what it's like for 70k.

Again, no problems here. Had the airbag sensor which was done under warranty and nothing else besides two rattles being fixed. My Honda has been the most drama-free vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
ryryninja said:
???? No... The si has a timing chain. It doesn't need to be replaced.
Are you going to be replacing the power steering pump soon?

:hiding:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts