8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so here is my issue. my wheels (buddy clubs) have holes drilled through that go to the brakes, my brake hats are rusty however so if it rains rust drips into the hole and sometimes even down the face of the wheel. i dont have a shot of the rust but does anyone have ideas on how to stop this?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
stuff pencil erasers in there...

jk! lol... but who cares if the face of the rotor gets rusty? most rotors usually do

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont care that the rotor is rusty i care that the rusk is dripping onto the face of the wheel through the whole

·
Registered
407 Posts
wtf? ****** lame ass advice in here.
it would bother me thats for sure! i dont have the rims so i couldn't say.......... but i would find something to stuff in there. putting "pencil erasers" is a joke im sure, but on the right track atleast.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Maybe take the wheel off and clean up the rotor and put a light coat of paint on it. It should help,like rust stop or something like that but it has to be really light coat.:woot:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
dude... chill the **** out... i was kidding.. hence why i said "jk" in my post. and i was legitimately trying to help him by asking questions to figure out what i would do in his situation.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i try to clean 1-2x per week but it is almost impossible to get into the hole because it is to small (i can just tell people will laugh at this but it's true)

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
is it ok to paint the part of the brake that touches the wheel?
I would say yes as long as it is a thin coat and you will probably will have to redo it every now and again. All you are trying to do with the paint is stop the rust not make it look really pretty.
Let use know what you end up doing.:thumb:

·
Registered
752 Posts
thats the part we are talking about. its the only part you want to paint infact. get some high temp engine block paint. put a couple layers on. dont over due it. that should work.
If you're going to go through the trouble of painting, i'd just paint the entire rotor hat. that way you'll clean up the visible rust as well. Just remember to use a high temp paint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts