8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2009 LX-S, with no premium sound, but have tweeters. (funny, I found audio diagrams in this forum and it doesnt show that non-premium system has tweeters)

I bought a pair of alpine component speaker and a Sony 600W to replace the front speaker and the tweets.

How did you guys all do the wiring for the door speaker? I realize that the wire junction isnt just wires going between the door and the interior, it is actually a plug. Now I am skretching my head on how to put the speaker wire from the interior of the car to the door.

If the installation is too complicated, I am thinking that i will just tap into the existing stock wires. Do you guys think there will be any impact?

So far, I have only just replace the tweeter from the Apline set from stock, and the tweeters are incrediablly loud. I am wondering if this would be a problem when i have the whole set installed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought a pair of alpine component speaker and a Sony 600W to replace the front speaker and the tweets.
Wait, arent your Alpine components going to be your front stage? SO what are the Sony 600W for?

If you're not amping your setup, generally speaking you would/should be using stock wires anyways. Just snip the stock plug and put clips on to attach to the speakers, or order harness plug adapters from Crutchfield. However if I were you, Id just get an amp to power all 4 corners, run new thicker speaker wires, and call it a day.

-Aaron

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm running new thicker gauge wires to all 4 corners and an amp. I wouldn't cut any wires leave them in case you want to put the stock system back in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts