8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well three weeks in a row now, I have drove up to the Dragon from Atlanta with my fg2 and carved up the curves. I have a Honda motorcycle that I usally ride there but every since I took the Si up to meet the 8th.civic guys I discovered a whole new way to carve the twisties.
This is way more fun than on a motorcycle. I have met some hard core riders up there that only run at night late, this includes guys on sport bikes and other sports cars like s2000's and wrx's 300z's to name a few. Some very good drivers including killboy to name one. Others are not popular but can really drive. I am the new kid and I have to tell you from running the dragon several times now and improving my driving skill, (no where near these guys) I can tell you this, myCivic Si with a rear sway bar and a Magnaflow exhaust only can run like a true sports car.
This car ROCKS! I'm running the engine at max rpm's for 3 weekends now. From time I get in and drive up there the engine is running wide ass open. You can't hurt it with the accelerator as the rev limiter keeps you from blowing it up. hehe! Other wise I'm confident I would have allready as I drive it very hard.
This is a testomony to Honda and the handeling ability of the new Civic Si. The straight line driving is fun, but the true design of this car imo is cornering and braking.
By the way I turn off the VSA when running the Dragon as this lets me have full control.
I will return there again this weekend with the other boys as it is something that you can't get enough of.
I only hope that any Si owner that is in the area of the DRAGON come and run it, (have to wait till after 6pm when the traffic dies down and the POLICE go home.) hehe!
:vtec:

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I wish I was close enough to go three weeks in a row.:(

I can't wait to get back up there again because I'm going to have a much better alignment for handling. The alignment dude told me my front camber was slightly positive which explains why my front tires were squealing like stuck pigs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tires are the michelin pilots and they will make some noise but I have to really be pushing it.
You have done some suspension work though havn't you? I remember your car had a lot of mods. So maybe when the springs or shocks were put on changed with your allignment.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I have the HFP suspension and I know it had more rear negative camber than stock. With the front settings, my front tires were rolling over on the sidewall. The alignment was set up for major understeer.

Now I have camber bolts on the front and camber arms on the rear so I will be able to dial it in to be more neutral and with the ability to provoke some oversteer. (I need to do some autocross and learn to control that.) I'm still working on getting everything right.

You can go to the suspension forum and read some of highrev1's threads for more info on alignments.

Anyway, my car should be much more formidable on the Dragon next time.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
just be careful obviously. Talk with killboy about night runs and animals. He and the other nightly locals can tell you some bad stories about animals getting in the way of things. You're also coming into major deer season time.

Must be nice to be able to be that close to run the roads often. They're one of a kind.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
webby said:
just be careful obviously. Talk with killboy about night runs and animals. He and the other nightly locals can tell you some bad stories about animals getting in the way of things. You're also coming into major deer season time.

Must be nice to be able to be that close to run the roads often. They're one of a kind.
For sure on the animals< I saw a deer and some coyotee's but they where on the hellbender. (the 28) Not much on the dragon as it has drop offs and so many cars and bikes run it durring the season that I haven't seen one there. However as it gets later in the season and things get a little quiter yea they could show up there too.
I feel sorry for both of us if one is on the road when I come arround those curves hauling a--. hehe!:xyxnervou

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
A fox or something try to bite on my tire while i was driving lol, i din't see it, but boogsi that was behind me told me he saw it.

I hear something since my window was down, it scare me lol. just the sound it made when he was trying to bite on my tire.
:eek:mg:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the HFP suspension and I know it had more rear negative camber than stock. With the front settings, my front tires were rolling over on the sidewall. The alignment was set up for major understeer.

Now I have camber bolts on the front and camber arms on the rear so I will be able to dial it in to be more neutral and with the ability to provoke some oversteer. (I need to do some autocross and learn to control that.) I'm still working on getting everything right.

You can go to the suspension forum and read some of highrev1's threads for more info on alignments.

Anyway, my car should be much more formidable on the Dragon next time.
Ive just got the Tein S-tech springs and I had HUGE problems with the camber in the rear. Honda dealer said that the alignment in the fg2 06-07 was bad on that and they had a camber correction device that they install thats designed to correct that issue. However opted to get the skunk2 camber upper arms... dialed in perfectly! just a thought.:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts