8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have I/H/E REFLASH and my car is running extremely rich. so rich that it sucks out my gas like crazy. and it smells like pure gasoline is leaking out my exhaust. my buddy was driving behind me and said it was really really bad. and to me its been getting noticably worse especially when i get on it. my question is since there is no tuning solution for this. how do i fix it??

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I have I/H/E REFLASH and my car is running extremely rich. so rich that it sucks out my gas like crazy. and it smells like pure gasoline is leaking out my exhaust. my buddy was driving behind me and said it was really really bad. and to me its been getting noticably worse especially when i get on it. my question is since there is no tuning solution for this. how do i fix it??
The removal of the race header will tend to do that...

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has your car always ran rich with your setup?

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
i have the same setup and i dont run rich at all and dont smell any gas in my exhaust, had the reflash and buddyclub race header for over a year now

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
i have the same setup and i dont run rich at all and dont smell any gas in my exhaust, had the reflash and buddyclub race header for over a year now
Thanks man. I was just wondering because I have a I/E and will soon have the strup header and was just wondering if I would run into this problem down the line.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I can literaly tell you if im in the back of my car while its idleing my eyes start to tear....

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
E-Manage Ultimate or an AEM FI/C Piggy back unit will give you the ability to lean out the fuel mixture if its running too rich, but with a catless race header you will always smell exhaust.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
its more fuel now than exhaust smell... even from the engine when i rev it seems to just pour out
Gas just dosnt " pour out " other wise your car would have cylinders being washed out. What you need to do is install a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge and monitor your WOT air/fuel Ratios and report back to us / me otherwise theres not much you can do to determine how rich you are really running.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts