8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find one step colder plugs. I was wondering were everyone else that is running colder plugs got theirs? I can't seem to find any except the OEM plugs. I called Denso and looked at NGK and I have'nt had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
saskwatch420 said:
I've been trying to find one step colder plugs. I was wondering were everyone else that is running colder plugs got theirs? I can't seem to find any except the OEM plugs. I called Denso and looked at NGK and I have'nt had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your car runs a 7 plug [correction....it runs a 6 plug....read beyond this post]. We run an 8 plug listed as a NGK 2668 (the higher number is colder).....this is a stock WRX spec plug btw. There is also a 2669 which is the same thing but a 9 heat range (even colder).

Remember heat range really is mostly related to cold start performance vs. an overheating electrode. I would not be afraid at all to run 1 or even 2 heat ranges colder... unless you plan to try to start your car at 40 degrees below zero. :)

Chris at RedShift

·
Registered
555 Posts
The plugs you want are these -> BKR7EIX NGK Iridium's, they are one step colder than stock. BKR6 is stock and BKR8 is 2 steps, etc. Many auto shops carry them, just ask for the plugs by that part number and not from an application lookup because they aren't listed under the Civic.

6 is stock btw, not 7.... according to the Helm manual.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Weird, you are right. The following is what I show for OE plugs

Car Plug Heat Range
02-04 RSX-S - 7
05 RSX-S - 7
06 RSX-S - 6

06 Civic Si - 6

TSX All - 6

S2000 All - 7

Hi Performance B-Series (GSR, Si, etc)- 6

Low Performance B-Series (LS, etc)- 5

D-Series - 5

So, what does all this mean???? Yes a 2006 Civic Si is a 6, but I would still run an 8 unless your cold running performance is important....which is to say an 8 still makes the most sense on a supercharged anything from Honda probably.

Chris at RedShift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts