8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2008 Si Sedan which sits in the sun quite a lot. While driving recently, a thin piece of weatherstripping came loose from the right side of the windshield and was flapping around. It appears to continue back along the roof line, but the loose part was crumbling and worthless, so I tore it off at the top corner. A few days later, the same thing happened on the left side.

How concerned should I be about replacing these seals? I don't believe there is much risk of water leaks, since the windshield is glued in place, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized this is probably in the wrong forum. I can't see how to delete, so I'm reporting it. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
No, you are fine. Having it in the other sub-forum should get more views and thus, more help. I'll erase this one. Good luck!

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, but this is the correct sub forum, but the other one has more "traffic". I'll erase the other one.

check out this link for some help. It appears to be a common issue as our cars age. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, you are fine. Having it in the other sub-forum should get more views and thus, more help. I'll erase this one. Good luck!

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, but this is the correct sub forum, but the other one has more "traffic". I'll erase the other one.

check out this link for some help. It appears to be a common issue as our cars age. Good luck!

Hey thanks. I should have searched better, must be very common indeed; thank you for the link. From the videos, it looks like I need to replace that whole plastic strip, which isn't super cheap. (~$150 per side for Genuine Honda). I don't see much in the way of cheaper alternatives, but I'll keep looking. Thank you again, and stay safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go for the OEM seal. Deff don't want water in there come winter and freezing.

Hey thanks. I should have searched better, must be very common indeed; thank you for the link. From the videos, it looks like I need to replace that whole plastic strip, which isn't super cheap. (~$150 per side for Genuine Honda). I don't see much in the way of cheaper alternatives, but I'll keep looking. Thank you again, and stay safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That rubber strip is like $60. Trust me I looked everywhere for a good deal. Do what I did buy this and stuff it in there it works great

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I had the same problem and recently replaced the L & R roof moldings on my ‘08 EX. Definitely get the OEM parts AND purchase new clips to guarantee tight fit and no rattles.
These 2 videos were extremely helpful:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts