8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im dropped on progress springs. i bought 17x8 +35 rims. tires 225/45/17 im rubbing up front.i barely have a finger gap. looks sick but its annoying. i need at least a finger and a half not to rub. any of u on the same set up with diff springs/suspension... with no rub speak up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more negative camber or stiffer suspension or both
im looking for a cheap ajustable suspension with good quality. but if cheaper solutions exist even better. can u ajust the camber upfront? im kinda a nood ..

·
Registered
222 Posts
im looking for a cheap ajustable suspension with good quality. but if cheaper solutions exist even better. can u ajust the camber upfront? im kinda a nood ..
just run camber bolts up front. $35 yes its adjustable, enough to let you clear as long as you can follow directions. you may need an alignment afterwards though

·
Registered
526 Posts
Have you done anything with the fender liner? I was rubbing with my 255/40 on 17x8 +45, but I tucked the liner under the tab where it was rubbing and bent the tab up with my finger and I don't rub at all anymore. Took me about 10 seconds on each side.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your rubing with 225-45? crap i better not get that size. only the front rub or the rear also?
only up front. rear is fine. i ask here some ppl they r like ull be fine.. fine my ass!!! go with 45 offset u might not rub

·
Registered
989 Posts
Have you done anything with the fender liner? I was rubbing with my 255/40 on 17x8 +45, but I tucked the liner under the tab where it was rubbing and bent the tab up with my finger and I don't rub at all anymore. Took me about 10 seconds on each side.
i've always wondered how to do this. care to explain in detail? i'm rubbing my fender liner clips everytime i hit a bump/unever road.

pics would help. :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't have pics but I will try to explain. Mine was rubbing on one of the clips at the 11:00 position looking at the tire. Remove the clip if it is still there. Pull down the liner in that section and you will see a triangular looking tab with a hole in the center for the clip to go through. Take your liner and tuck it under this tab, then push the tab up with your fingers. It's supper easy to do and you can't tell that it has been done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts