8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically what the thread title says.. does it fit? Im getting a great deal on it and if it fits great for me.. I know brembo doesnt have any rotors out for the Si so if anyone knows.. appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does it fit for both front and rears? I'm just doing a bit of research myself. I already know the RSX (and RSX-S) share the same rear rotors as the 97-01 Integra Type R and 98-02 Accord V6.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just read that the Si uses 97-01 Prelude rotors. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62478
I know the front rotors and I believe the front and rear calipers are the same as the Si's except the left and rights are swapped for the front to get the bleeder in the right position (RSX brakes behind the hub, Civic brakes in front of the hub).

Also, here are some of my findings from Brembo's site:
25550 - Acura 02-06 RSX (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm
25550 - Acura 97-01 ITR (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm
25550 - Honda 98-02 Accord V6 (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm

25686 - Honda 97-01 Prelude (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 42.2mm

If the Prelude rotors are the same as the Civic's, they will not work in an RSX. And RSX rotors MIGHT work with spacers between the hub and rotor, but then your wheels would stick out 6.1mm further per side.

The reason I'm researching is because I'm having problems buying ATE Premium One rotors for my 93 Del Sol with 06 Civic Si engine/tranny swap. I have the Integra Type R suspension and brake conversion but the store I'm buying from says they don't have ITR rear rotors but has RSX rear rotors and so on.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I just read that the Si uses 97-01 Prelude rotors. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62478
I know the front rotors and I believe the front and rear calipers are the same as the Si's except the left and rights are swapped for the front to get the bleeder in the right position (RSX brakes behind the hub, Civic brakes in front of the hub).

Also, here are some of my findings from Brembo's site:
25550 - Acura 02-06 RSX (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm
25550 - Acura 97-01 ITR (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm
25550 - Honda 98-02 Accord V6 (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 48.3mm

25686 - Honda 97-01 Prelude (Rear) Diameter 259.7mm, thickness 9.0mm, min thickness 8.0mm, height 42.2mm

If the Prelude rotors are the same as the Civic's, they will not work in an RSX. And RSX rotors MIGHT work with spacers between the hub and rotor, but then your wheels would stick out 6.1mm further per side.

The reason I'm researching is because I'm having problems buying ATE Premium One rotors for my 93 Del Sol with 06 Civic Si engine/tranny swap. I have the Integra Type R suspension and brake conversion but the store I'm buying from says they don't have ITR rear rotors but has RSX rear rotors and so on.
Prelude rotors are 11.1"(282mm), not 11.8" (300mm). Strike one. The important part is to know the height difference between the S2000, RSX-S and the Si. RSX-S is 47mm and the S2000 is around 40mm.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Prelude rotors are 11.1"(282mm), not 11.8" (300mm). Strike one. The important part is to know the height difference between the S2000, RSX-S and the Si. RSX-S is 47mm and the S2000 is around 40mm.
Why am I being quoted here? I never said the Prelude rotors were 300mm. I know they're 282mm. Exactly the same front setup as the 97-01 CR-V and Integra Type R. I was only talking about the rears. The sizes I quoted were for rear only.

Again, your 47mm height is for the front rotors. I already knew all that. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?&id=1978033&postid=29918129#29918129 (Player_One = Scourge = Me). Those are the names I use on K20a.org, ClubRSX, K-series.com, HondaTech and here and so on.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aite bro i needed clarification since the rears are not obviously the same as the rsx type s and ive seen a couple threads that claim we have identical brakes to the rsx type s front and rear. just making sure before i use up my time putting it on and finding out it wont fit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
boost1320, did you not look at that link I posted up? At least one person that did his research believes the Si rear rotor to be the 97-01 Prelude rear rotor. If you looked at that link, you'll see:
=====================================
Si/Ex Coupe Rear Rotor Options ](Appears to be same as Prelude 97-01)
=====================================

Don't make assumptions based off of popular belief. That's also why I'm not religious. :) I have an RSX-S as well as the complete suspension off of the 97-01 USDM ITR. If I can find a local 06+ EX/Si owner to test fit, then I would have.

Trickyazn, well, people just assume because the 06+ Si has essentially the same calipers, brackets, pads, rotor diameter and rotor thickness as the RSX-S that it's all the same. I'm sure the calipers are at least almost identical and that the brackets and pads are the same. I suggest you consult BrakeExpert of Honda-Tech or K20A.org.

I've done some cross referencing on other rotors but the Si is apparently still too new to show up on a lot of rotor catalogs. I usually don't believe it until I have actual measurements to see or have heard of enough people doing this.

As you see above, I've posted measurements of the RSX-S rear rotors as well as the 97-01 Prelude rear rotors. Why not pull one off in your spare time and measure? Just get a vernier/dial/digital caliper which can measure depth in mm. Place the rotor on a flat surface and use the depth reading to find the height. A regular ruler might work if it starts right at 0. Post the results and put these rumors to rest. I'd do it if I owned an Si/EX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts