8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you guys say i should do a RRC MANIFOLD OR SKUNK2 MANIFOLD? with iether one i choose ill prolly do a skunk2 throttle body also! i think having a skunk2 manifold an skunk2 throttlebody is the way to go ?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Bored and ported RBC tops all of these options!

Then hook it up with a hybrid racing 70mm throttle body!

this equals about 15-20 more whp depending on setup.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a RBC Intake Manifold with a hybrid throttle body ? what site can i get that from the throttle body i mean , an i have i/h/e/pullies/throtle body spacer/flashpro base map

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Hybrid Throttle Bodies will be released soon. They are in the testing process now.

Once they are up to our standards we will be releasing these to the public.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There was a dyno shootout saying that ported RBC intake from Blueprint made good gains under the curve, but didn't increase max gains at all. The Skunk2 and RRC increased max gains.

if you are going for top end power, Skunk2 and RRC are where it's at for you. If you plan on keeping DBW, get the RRC, port match it to a 70mm TB and call it a day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so a RRC manifold???? an do u think by getting a hybrid throttle body or skunk 2 ill notice a difference rather than jus get a new manifold like rrc an call it a day ? should i even bother buying a throttle body if i have a spacer

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does Blue Print send me the rbc manifold thats upgraded an i bought for 500? an i can send them in my stock one on my car an recieve 200 dollars back??????

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Does Blue Print send me the rbc manifold thats upgraded an i bought for 500? an i can send them in my stock one on my car an recieve 200 dollars back??????
:eek:wnedrun: dude, read their website, email them, call them or pray to heavens. The last thing you need to be doing is asking this question here and expect an answer back... .

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
There was a dyno shootout saying that ported RBC intake from Blueprint made good gains under the curve, but didn't increase max gains at all. The Skunk2 and RRC increased max gains.

if you are going for top end power, Skunk2 and RRC are where it's at for you. If you plan on keeping DBW, get the RRC, port match it to a 70mm TB and call it a day.
Exactly what 2point said! I have freinds with the ported RBC and they make power no doubt! But as im gonna do and gave much much thought to Hybrid throttle body port matched to a RRC manifold is the beast of all choices. I spoke to John from Hytech about this as well. They said a port matched rbc to a 70mm throttle body = great gains. A port matched RRC to a Hybrid throttle body will give even better. Im sure either way is going to be a win but at then end of the day having a type r manifold mated up to the Hybrid is gonna unleash the most power thruout.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok an the RRC manifold isnt our stock manifold portd or nything right ? its not the stock oem manifold we have in our cars now right ?

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
The RRC is found on the greater 8th gen the Civic Type R(FD2). We have the RBC stock in ours which is a great and can be greater if bored and port matched to a nice throttle body. Look at the article found in Super Street it goes back a couple months ago i beleive. They put all k series manifolds to the test from PRBs to bored Blueprints and Skunks. To my surprise the RRC stock untouched made the best power all around up and down. Skunk and bored blueprint rbc did well too.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
thats what im gonna run to rrc manifold with a hybrid racing 70mm throttle should with a full race 3" exhaust. that will replace my vibrant cat-back. should give me even better numbers. where can i get hybrid tbody

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
RRC goes roughly for 400.00. Hybrid throttle body from Hybridracing.com but not until there released in month or so. Good plan crazycurt84 i have vibrant exhaust as well. Thats getting swapped soon for the full race and will be going with RRC mated to a Hybrid throttle body. Should see some nice gains with that.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Make sure the RRC has the apportioning for your setup, some thing are different, and someone did a test and i think it really didnt do much for the cost, i would do skunk.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts