8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed recently my Rpms drop quite a lot when I press the clutch (disengage) causing for a very harsh/jerky shift. Drops down like 800-1000 rpms. I thought it was a stuck brake caliper so I replaced it and it still does it. My clutch pedal clicks more than once when I press it. Could it be the CMC?
I notice this more when the AC is on. Help please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I can confirm this only happens when my AC is on. I may add RPMs drop way faster than usual

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update: I can confirm this only happens when my AC is on. I may add RPMs drop way faster than usual
I’m not understanding the problem. Your RPMs drop when idling and you press the clutch? I’m pretty sure it normal for RPMs to drop faster when AC is on. The clicking could be cause by your clutch pedal assembly, clutch pedal spring or your CMC. I would re grease your clutch pedal spring first

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the rpms drop faster than usual in between shifts. More noticeable in 1-4th. I noticed it only happens when my ac is on. My ac hasn’t been blowing very cold lately, could it be the ac compressor? I also saw a video on YouTube of adjusting the clutch and saw it helped tons, I’m gonna adjust it later this afternoon. I’ll update once I do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the rpms drop faster than usual in between shifts. More noticeable in 1-4th. I noticed it only happens when my ac is on. My ac hasn’t been blowing very cold lately, could it be the ac compressor? I also saw a video on YouTube of adjusting the clutch and saw it helped tons, I’m gonna adjust it later this afternoon. I’ll update once I do.
I’m not understanding the problem. Your RPMs drop when idling and you press the clutch? I’m pretty sure it normal for RPMs to drop faster when AC is on. The clicking could be cause by your clutch pedal assembly, clutch pedal spring or your CMC. I would re grease your clutch pedal spring first

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Final update: I adjusted my clutch pedal today according to this highly recommended video on youtube and it solved my issue. I guess the problem I was having was my clutch disengaging improperly. I'm not sure how the AC affected it but it fixed it and now my clutch and shifting feel better than before! Highly recommend anyone who has not adjusted their clutch to do so, many comments in the video said they felt had major improvements! Here is the video link below

1 - 7 of 7 Posts