8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...just was wondering if anyone here has experianced their rpn needle making a weird noise at low rpm in first gear..I'm not even 100% sure its the needle but something right infront of me and it drives me nuts when its quiet and I'm just taking a leisurely cruise..any input is appreciated! thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I wish I knew what the hell you were asking. What's the problem? The needle making noise? Is it chirping, barking, or farting? How can this needle make noise?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
radiocontrolhead said:
I wish I knew what the hell you were asking. What's the problem? The needle making noise? Is it chirping, barking, or farting? How can this needle make noise?
well whenever the needle goes between 1 to 3000 rpm as its dropping rpms it makes a ticking sound and its very prominant

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
honda_man12 said:
well whenever the needle goes between 1 to 3000 rpm as its dropping rpms it makes a ticking sound and its very prominant

are u sure its ur needle? is there something behind the plastic covering that it may be hitting?

as jeenyus said, elaborate on it, cuz i too have no idea what ur talking about.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AllShowNoGo said:
are u sure its ur needle? is there something behind the plastic covering that it may be hitting?

as jeenyus said, elaborate on it, cuz i too have no idea what ur talking about.
I was driving my car up and down an underground parking lot trying to figure it out..I also removed the plastic behind and tried driving that way and it still persisted..I'm pretty sure its the needle because when it drops at normal idle theres no sound its only when the needle is moving it makes a ticking soun as its dropping or rising...I'm going to have to take it in but I just wanted to see if anyone had a fix on it to save me the time because I don't really have a chance to go

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
radiocontrolhead said:
Definately take it in. I'm sure they can diagnose it better than we can given the information you're providing us.
true true i definetly will wheni get the chance and post back what the problem was if people have the same issue. thanks for the responses though.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I brought my car in for this and just as I predicted they didnt hear it. So i took the tech with me and SHOWED him and him playing a dumbass **** goes "I dont hear anything" Im like ***** its right there EVERYONE who rides with me says wtf is that....Im so pissed Im most definetly going back its driving me nuts whenever I drive...I figured out about 90% that its the needle making the noise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts