8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Rounding out The best Super Car trio (Jeremy Clarksons Top Gear zr1 love)

692 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  aki 
#1 ·

Find Reviews by Make .Share The Truth About Cars » New Cars » News Blog
Jeremy Clarkson’s Car of the Year: Corvette ZR1
By Robert Farago on December 28, 2008
Yada yada yada. “And then out of nowhere came the ZR1, which has a supercharged V8 that manages to be both docile and extraordinarily savage all at the same time. I’ve been trying to think of a dog that pulls off a similar trick, but there isn’t one. And anyway, this car is not a dog.

“Oh, it’s not built very well. After just three days in my care, the boot lock disintegrated and the keyless go system refused to acknowledge the keys were in the car, but I didn’t mind because there is simply no other car that looks this good, goes this fast – in a straight line and around corners – and that most of the time bumbles about like a forgetful uncle. And when you throw in the price tag of just £106,690 – lots for a Corvette but modest next to a similarly powerful Ferrari – the case for the defence can sit down and put up its feet knowing that the prosecutor simply has nowhere to go.

It is an epic car and I’m only sad that unless the healthcare and pensions company that makes it can be turned around, it will be the last of the breed.”
Jeremy Clarkson's Car of the Year: Corvette ZR1 | The Truth About Cars

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.