8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an 07 lx sedan, and on more than one occasion ive been getting a very hard start, sometimes when i turn the key, the car seems like it has a dead battery and i got to give it gas for it to fire over, other times it just shoots right on no problem. I cant see any connections between the multiple hard starts so im not sure whats happening. the car has less than 4k on it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
It is normal, has something to do with at what time you turn off the engine and the engine has like a cycle to it, so if you turn it off the car close to the cycle it will do that.

But it does not happen often, maybe once every 2 weeks or so.( has not happen to me in like 4 months.)

but don't worrie is normal, there are lots of threads on this just search and you will get more info.:thumb:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yep, normal, if you wait a few second after you put in the key in, then start the car you should be fine!

·
Registered
353 Posts
mine did that when it was brand new also- mabey once a week for a while. Now its been 4-5 months and no problems (knocks on wood)....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats a little ridiculous, this isnt normal. ive driven literally hundreds of cars and none of them did this. this is an inconvienence to all civic owners and honda should address it accordingly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is definitely something wrong with your car, take it to your dealer they should cover it under warranty. However it certainly does NOT AFFECT ALL CIVIC OWNERS just a few in this thread.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
it affects at least 75% of all civic owners that bought their civics in 2006 its a big issue that honda can not seem to solve just because you don't have it doesnt mean most people do not also.

also the reason the dealers can't seem to fix is, is because they can't duplicate the problem and thats the big issue here that its hard for them to find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cheungman said:
it affects at least 75% of all civic owners that bought their civics in 2006 its a big issue that honda can not seem to solve just because you don't have it doesnt mean most people do not also.

also the reason the dealers can't seem to fix is, is because they can't duplicate the problem and thats the big issue here that its hard for them to find out what's wrong.
Were do you get your numbers?....75% really :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well mines an 07 and when i start a brand new car i shouldnt have to worry that im gonna get stranded somwehere cuz i cant get the thing to turn over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
crxlvr said:
well mines an 07 and when i start a brand new car i shouldnt have to worry that im gonna get stranded somwehere cuz i cant get the thing to turn over.
Your car definitely has a problem that should go the the dealer for, the problem I have is some of the children on this site claiming because there car has a problem 75% of all civics made have that problem...err I forgot he got his facts from CANADA.

·
Registered
161 Posts
And...

mynock250 said:
Your car definitely has a problem that should go the the dealer for, the problem I have is some of the children on this site claiming because there car has a problem 75% of all civics made have that problem...err I forgot he got his facts from CANADA.
The problem that I have is..... simply because their particular car does not have a specific problem, people (like you for instance) seem to believe that because only a relatively few complain here about this (or any other problem) the whole Honda owning world "out there" is problem free. You may be surprised that 99+% of all Civic owners never heard of this site nor will any of their complaints ever enter your limited world. So, although 75% of all Civics with this "problem" might be a high percentage....just might because I don't know the true number..don't assume it is incorrect either.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sometimes I'll turn the key and it kind of sputters for a few seconds before starting, other times it starts right away. This what you're talking about? My old volvo did the same thing at startup, but it did it every single time and they told me it had a malfunctioning fuel pump.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This problem if I read it right seems to be related to an engine immobilizer issue. If the car does not recognize the key as being the one mated to it it will not start or maybe even turn over. Honda issued a service bulletin some time age for an engine immobilizer module problem. I do not remember the symptoms or the range of serial numbers possibly affected. If it were my car I would start with a possible immobilizer issue.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
This problem happens alot on my 06 EX Coupe very rough start pretty much every time i start it. This is in no way shape or form normal at all i suggest taking it in to dealer could be a battery issue or alternator. Hondas stock batteries are not that great neither is their alternators. Once and if my visors fall apart im taking the car in for a final time to have them fix the ignition problem,visor and other issues with the car. This problem affects more like 85-95% of civic owners actually not 75%.

·
Registered
438 Posts
targettuning said:
The problem that I have is..... simply because their particular car does not have a specific problem, people (like you for instance) seem to believe that because only a relatively few complain here about this (or any other problem) the whole Honda owning world "out there" is problem free. You may be surprised that 99+% of all Civic owners never heard of this site nor will any of their complaints ever enter your limited world. So, although 75% of all Civics with this "problem" might be a high percentage....just might because I don't know the true number..don't assume it is incorrect either.
Don't I know you from the edmunds forums?

As we all know, many 06 civics (I don't know about the 07's) have quite a few problems. I do know some who have them that are close to perfect but mine and others have been headaches.

My bumps stops are getting installed thursday and the seat will be fixed at the same time.

My car has been less than stellar to be honest.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts