8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 LX with around 80K miles, engine coolant kept disappearing. Honda recognized this a problem with the block and replaced the block under warranty.

So, for my understanding, everything under the in the block except for the head was replaced. Car runs smooth afterwards, except:

Let's say I come up to a light, soon as coming to a complete stop, the engine drops so low in rpm's that it feels like it's going to stall. It correct it self and idles fine afterwards.

This is definitely not normal behavior. Car got an immaculate service history, and no engine codes or other abnormal behavior currently. I reset the ECU, but it's still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sometimes I've seen techs break a vacume line nipple to the throttle body. You should be able to peer under the cowling and see if that has been damaged in anyway. If not my next check would be a visual inspection of the passenger side engine mount. It has a wear block on it that should have roughly a 1/4 gap between that and the mount. If that checks out I would then disconnect the battery; both positive and negitive cables and tie them together for 3-5minites to perform a pcm hard reset. Reattach tjem to the battery crack open your cooling system and perform an idle learn/reverify that your cooling system is free from any air pockets. Might as well do both at the same time. Fans should kick on after about 10 minutes of idling. Start with the simple stuff and we'll work our way down to the less common things once those are checked off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
kinda sounds like a vacuum issue, but not sure, could be a disconnected hose and the ecu trying to compensate for the low idle so it goes back up..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the same issue, but with a hard start after car sits for 2 hours. Changing fuel pump tomorrow, let u know if that fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only when coming to a stop sign, idle would drop like it would want to stall, plus hard start after sitting for 2 hours or more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Best test would be a voltage test on the pump to see if its within specs, if you do a fuel pressure test it will come back normal as the pump would be working harder to keep pressure at specs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also I would check your ect sensors, there has been issues with those. An easy test would be turning heat on but not on defrost setting when engine cold. If your engine fans come on your ect is stuck on hot reading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts