8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep the bickering and chatter out of this thread. This thread is used solely for any comments about the logistics of ROTM, whether they are negative, neutral or positive.

I want to continue to hear feedback from the community. Please don't make this thread get locked and then later on complain the site is ran without the consent of the community.

Thanks.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sitting at 229 now. I don't think that's a lot. In the past it has reached 350-400. I would say it's just average. It may just seem like a lot since the voting is now open to everyone.

·
Registered
546 Posts
it seems to be right...i mean to what your capability is... there will always be bias in ride of the month... its just a choice of preference... thats y i preferred it when the staff voted.. because it was fair i guess.... for example... im in third place im runner up to a supercharged civic with wheels, when i have well over 20k into my civic... sorry i just needed to vent...

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
it seems to be right...i mean to what your capability is... there will always be bias in ride of the month... its just a choice of preference... thats y i preferred it when the staff voted.. because it was fair i guess.... for example... im in third place im runner up to a supercharged civic with wheels, when i have well over 20k into my civic... sorry i just needed to vent...
i know what you mean man! i really thought me and you were neck and neck this month! you have just as much mods as i do, so i thought it was going to be by a hair for me and you!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i think the system is good. if you are on the ballot... that means the mods think you are eligible for ride of the month. like no matter who wins... they will represent the community well.

shoot if the mods didnt think the car was good enough... they wouldnt put them on that ballot right?

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Is there any way to take out the View Poll results???

IDK why but I always look to see what everyone else voted before I cast my vote.What difference that will make........not sure but it may influence peoples votes if they see someone winning by a land slide.

Why vote for the member with 10 votes even though thats your favorite when you already know the guy with 80 votes will more then likely win.

Also the post limit you put on new members voting is a good idea!:thumb:

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately, there is no way at the present moment to make the voting to be anonymous. webby tried to look into it, but wasn't able to find anything. I do agree knowing how many votes each contestant has does sway your opinion.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
I love the new system. But once again like someone said before.. if you don't know the results... its going to be a boring 15 days again. Knowing the votes does skew where someone might vote, but at least it keeps it exciting. There have been last minute upsets before.

·
ILDS™
121,509 Posts
Let's keep this thread about comments and suggestions only. Last thread was closed because of useless chatting. This thread is NOT about who you think should win. If you have a suggestion about how to make ROTM better...gives us your opinion :thumb: everything else will be deleted.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think the system is not flawless but its pretty darn good... when i went up for ROTM on floridastreetscene.com the only reason the other competitor gave me such a good run is because there were 1203987770 new accounts voting in his favor... so i think you guys have made it pretty much foolproof... good work:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
I also like the new system.

Regarding making the polls anonymous. I haven't moderated a vbulletin forum in over a year now, but I'm fairly certain the old vbulletins had options for just about everything. If there's not an option to turn off the view poll results, can't you just edit it out in the scripting?

I don't really care either way whether people can see it or not. That's how we elect the president. It adds more strategy to the voting and provides a more rich, competitive experience imo. Whats the point in voting for Mikey, if two others have 998 and 995 votes? I'd want my vote to matter so I'd choose the best of the two currently in the lead. Third party candidates usually draw votes from one of the main party candidates, and that's how this system works. It can make or break the ROTM election. It doesn't really make it any more fair than it would have been, but let's be honest in saying that no popularity contest is ever perfectly fair.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
^You suck... at installing springs.

I also like the new system.

Regarding making the polls anonymous. I haven't moderated a vbulletin forum in over a year now, but I'm fairly certain the old vbulletins had options for just about everything. If there's not an option to turn off the view poll results, can't you just edit it out in the scripting?

I don't really care either way whether people can see it or not. That's how we elect the president. It adds more strategy to the voting and provides a more rich, competitive experience imo. Whats the point in voting for Mikey, if two others have 998 and 995 votes? I'd want my vote to matter so I'd choose the best of the two currently in the lead. Third party candidates usually draw votes from one of the main party candidates, and that's how this system works. It can make or break the ROTM election. It doesn't really make it any more fair than it would have been, but let's be honest in saying that no popularity contest is ever perfectly fair.
wow! man you took the words out of my mouth i just did not know how to put it!

1 - 20 of 687 Posts