8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing a Rosen Nav unit into my 07 Civic. From what ive read, these units can only play dvds while the car is at a stop while the emergency brake is on. Can anyone tell me how to bypass the wiring harness so that I can play dvd's while the car is in drive? Any idea?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Can anyone tell me if I should disconnect my neg terminal on my battery while installing my nav? Or will this mess something up?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You connect the wire that would go to the ebrake to ground instead.
Just did some research and if you select "main" from any screen, then selcect "AV" icon and tocuh upper right corner of screen and enter code "7253" you can enable or disable the brake.. So in other words, you dont need to ground the brake wire fromt he harness as the settings are options within the navi. -Good to know-

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
Looks like the mount on the bottom side of the factory radio. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the mount on the bottom side of the factory radio. I could be wrong though.
It says in the details "The included mounting bracket attaches to the brackets that are already attached to the Rosen Honda Civic Multimedia Navigation Headunit, using the four supplied mounting screws"

But I still dont really get what the brakets function is.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The included mounting bracket attaches to the brackets that are already attached to the Rosen Honda Civic Multimedia Navigation Headunit, using the four supplied mounting screws.
that was on the hands on research portion from the crutchfield page

oh beat me to it

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So im guessing the braket bascially acts as a zip tie? Keeping the wires organized and secured into place? Does that sound right?

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
I guess I worded it wrong, on the bottom of the factory radio, there's a bracket that looks just like that that bolts onto the car for added support. Now I dont know if that's the case for the rosen radio since I havent seen it personally, but that would be my best guess. Bolt it to the back of the bottom of the rosen radio, and then drop the radio in place, look through the upper cubby in front of your shifter and you should see a panel. Take that panel off and put 2 bolts through the holes you see, should bolt onto the navi, now from what I know of the stock radio, that's how it works, not sure about the rosen, just try it out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I worded it wrong, on the bottom of the factory radio, there's a bracket that looks just like that that bolts onto the car for added support. Now I dont know if that's the case for the rosen radio since I havent seen it personally, but that would be my best guess. Bolt it to the back of the bottom of the rosen radio, and then drop the radio in place, look through the upper cubby in front of your shifter and you should see a panel. Take that panel off and put 2 bolts through the holes you see, should bolt onto the navi, now from what I know of the stock radio, that's how it works, not sure about the rosen, just try it out.
I bought this harness off a guy on ebay. He did not include the braket. Are you saying I might already have this braket on my stock radio? And it acts as a unit support? I dont think anyone sells this braket by itself.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
The stock radio has a bracket that looks similar, but I dont think it can come off. You dont need to have that bracket on the car, it just makes the radio stay put better, and I guess it helps with vibrations and the weight of the unit, but it's not really needed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There's no way I'd install something as heavy as a Rosen Nav unit into my dash utilizing only the strength of the bezel. That bracket is pretty necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump from the dead-

Does anyone know where I could download the files for the GPS to work? I got a unit with the SD card but it's not working. ANY help you could provide would be SUPER helpful. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts