8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
What clips did you use for the Yakima. I have a rack on my prelude with stretch kit. Wanted to put it on my civic si but for sone reason couldnot find correct number for clips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok found the clip number for the rack but the next issue I see is installing the stretch kit. I messaged yakima directly for the measurements but they said I wouldn't even be able to install it on my car. But I sure people on here with it on coupes? Anyone put stretch kit on a coupe and use it to haul a kayak? That's what I will be using mine for. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone running 48in yakima bars on their FA5?

*Update*

FIY. If anyone is trying to run the Yakima Q towers on their 8th gen the Q131 clips are discontinued. If you do decide to get the Q towers then your best bet for the Q clips are ebay or craigslist. Good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Revive! Lol

I am looking for the Thule 2172 fit kit or a pair of Yakima Q131 clips. Can’t find any anywhere... I was wondering if maybe someone on the forums has either of these and would be willing to sell them to me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Revive! Lol

I am looking for the Thule 2172 fit kit or a pair of Yakima Q131 clips. Can’t find any anywhere... I was wondering if maybe someone on the forums has either of these and would be willing to sell them to me?
They no longer make the fit kit or the Q clips for the car. I was unable to find anything for them at all.
I have a coupe in Canada (harder to find parts) and decided to go with an inno system that I pieced together over some time.
INSUT towers
50 inch squarebars (I believe the thule ones will fit as well but the innos are the same price when you factor in that Thule charges you for end caps in addition to the bars)
K552 clips
IN-JK stretch kit

I ended up going with the stretch kit as I am carrying a canoe and was worried about bar spread.

Hope this helps to anyone looking to throw another 10 years on their 8th gen ;)

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts