8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
heh.. a co-worker of mine has a small boat towed behind his Si.. I'll see if I can dig a picture up on monday.
I tow my 14' aluminum with my 9.9 for fishing and hunting too. It's a lot lighter than 2 MX race bikes though.

The boat trailer and bike trailer we built years ago out of aluminum for the boat as it gets wet a lot, and light tubular steel for the bike trailer.

I have always towed these around with sporty cars as it's cheaper than paying the extra fuel on a DD every day driving around the city when i only tow a few times a year. It's not like i'm building houses or anything but firewood sees the bike trailer a few times a year as i'm too cheap to pay for delivery. :):)

I posted in another thread my car from the last few years, last year towing a few bikes but didn't take any of the SI as of yet.
I had to lose the plastic under the trunk to mount the hitch assembly to the honda but i figured it was useless anyway.

Here's my old Z-24 taken last spring before i sold it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It had less tow capacity than the SI and less HP and pulled like there was nothing there.

The only time you'll notice the load is during braking.

The SI is standard which my Z24 wasn't so i notice a bit longer clutch engagement time during initial launching but after 1st gear it's like there was nothing in tow.

EDIT*** It's like having 3 fat chicks in the car at once.:SHOCKED::kisssmiley:

The braking under this load is very minimal with the SIs oversize brakes.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
i thought this thread would be about adding a luggage rack to the top of the trunk or something, like a permanent one like on the station wagons from the 70's and 80's. you know, the ones that are just for show (i was once told not to put anything on those, they are just for show)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ok so my snowboarding bindings have scratched my Roof paint, i am using the Yakima System, with the Big FatCat, ive seen some attachments that tilt the attachments, i couldnt find it on rackattack.com.. help!

Nvm, found it.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Lets see some more pics! I know there are more people out there with roof racks. And if you don't, check my F/S thread.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
how much did yall pay for your bike racks? and any idea if you can mix-n-match brands?

like buying a thule bike rack to put on a yakima tower system? I can't seem to rationalize 100 bucks to haul my 400 dollar bike around

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
^^^ Like I said you can easily part these together cheaply. Just have patience and keep an eye out for "good deals" and yes you can mix and match most parts. Many will say compatible with...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are some pics of the Thule rack I just put on.
Installation was cake. The fit and finish of the Thule stuff is 1st class.
I had to move the bike carriers in a little more than I wanted to, do to an annoying whistle. Lovin' the Si!

41 - 60 of 1153 Posts