8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hitch huh? Curious to see pics of that. Does it tow the dirt bike well?
It'll tow 3 nicely. It is rated at 2000lbs tow capacity. Bikes curb weight it just over 200 a pop.
If i'm towing 3 bikes i usually have the other 2 riders drive separately to keep the weight down but take the gear with me.

I don't have any pics and it's winter so it may be a month or two till i get em back out for a ride.

It looks pretty slick sitting on the curb with a new KX 250 in tow. Really turns heads. So does the firewood, LOL.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
^^^ What did the hitch setup run you? and are you lowered at all? Curious as to how a dropped sedan would perform with a bike in tow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No i'm all stock. The hitch was between 200-275 canadian. It's been a while.

If you wanted one on a lowered car you'd need an offset mount. Depends on how low though as the receiver attachment on the hitch will be 2" below the rear skirt.
Once you take the mount slide out you can't really even see it on the car.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No i'm all stock. The hitch was between 200-275 canadian. It's been a while.

If you wanted one on a lowered car you'd need an offset mount. Depends on how low though as the receiver attachment on the hitch will be 2" below the rear skirt.
Once you take the mount slide out you can't really even see it on the car.
Good to know, thanks for the input

·
Registered
920 Posts
what a coincidence this comes up lol, i was looking into getting a rack for biking and snowboarding. great guide :thumb:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If wanted I don't mind doing a DIY with the measurment breakdown. If the general consenus wants one let me know and I can piece one together. I know the directions suck and it helps to know someone who has already gone through the motions.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hahaha that looks awesome

I went ahead and ordered all my stuff.. my coupe is going to look just like that.. amazing.

thanks! :wavey:
Good **** man, did you go all brand new? Be sure to post some pics in the thread so we can see what you got.

·
Registered
335 Posts
very nice choice man, thule is top of the line quality

I have the same roof rack on my RR FG, but no short roof adaptor :xyxnervou

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think it looks good. I'm a big believer in function over form. The carrier definitely serves its purpose.

21 - 40 of 1153 Posts