8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these roller rockers in a magazine. They say it totally eleminates the VTEC function. I guess it could be good if you have the valves open longer in the low end and the same amount and duration in high end but....at low end you want it to open less right becasue its not spinning as fast. On the other hand on high end you want valves to open shorter but further right? What I mean is there really a benefit in eleminating VTEC? for example if honda had a 3 stage VTEC we would get more power since the opening of valves adapt more the the rpm's they are at ?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Damn, i would think my **** was all blown up, then i'd get outta my car and sock the dude who put those in my car. and if i did the install, i'd throw my own self in a lake.... with angry turtles in it....and mosquitos

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
TeamValorRacing said:
Damn, i would think my **** was all blown up, then i'd get outta my car and sock the dude who put those in my car. and if i did the install, i'd throw my own self in a lake.... with angry turtles in it....and mosquitos
Yeah, but if it wasn't your daily driver, you would absolutely love it... teh vibrations feel rreeeeeaaaall nice... :laughing:

I don't know, but I love the sound and feel of a lumpy ass cam... but not if I had to drive it to and from work everyday...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts