8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newb when it comes to audio equipment, .. my cousin just gave me 4 speakers to put in my car, they are 6" p162c rockfords ... i was wondering if these would fit with no modification in the front and rear.. ive been reading the forums and most of you people are using 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 ... for the ones that did do the upgrade, were there any fitment issues when using 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 .. and are these speakers i have good to hook an amp too? if so, whats the recommended wattage amp for these speakers.. oh and forgive me if the questions are dumb .. i just dont know =)

·
Registered
134 Posts
What model is your coupe? What are you hoping to get out of changing your speakers? These should fit, but what's your goal? If you are going to spend money on an amp, you should consider buying better speakers than these for the front (like a component set).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a DX. i want to have a crisp clear sound with some clean bass.. i have a 300w amp i wanted to use for my front and rear speakers, and later down the road i will purchase a sub and another amp for that..

·
Registered
374 Posts
You don't really have to throw an amp on these speakers...your factory HU or an aftermarket HU can push them fine..Now its would be ideal if you put an amp..get like a 4 channel amp that will dump 50watts of RMS at 4 ohms...or you can get something with a little bit higher rms...remember its always better to be a little over in power then under power...

·
Registered
134 Posts
civic_coupe said:
its a DX. i want to have a crisp clear sound with some clean bass.. i have a 300w amp i wanted to use for my front and rear speakers, and later down the road i will purchase a sub and another amp for that..
OK, since you have a DX with no tweeters or amp, the speakers+amp should give you a significant improvement. You can always upgrade the front speakers later. The speakers should fit fine. If you don't want to drill any holes, you can use the stock speakers as mounts if you don't mind destroying them. What model is the amp? The RF speakers are rated at 50W RMS.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now being coaxial speakers, would it be overkill if i use an amp with these speakers? or i wouldnt even hear a difference amp or not? ... im going to order a pioneer premier deck DEH-P590IB off ebay to go with these speakers and amp..
is it uncommon to hook up amps to coaxial speakers?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with Duce. You WILL hear a difference. And no, it's not uncommon. If you are worried about blowing the speakers, turn on the amp's high pass filter and set it to 80Hz. The RF speakers are rated down to 80Hz. When you add your sub, that will fill in below 80Hz.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome.. thanks for the help guys you all been very helpful. now i gotta decide on which premier deck to get. 590bt or the 790bt which is pretty much double the price,.. doubt ill even need the 790.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts