8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
As long as your side mounts are in place, you don't need to jack up the engine. If it's too hard just take the front mount off so you can push the engine forward a little.

I didn't use this mount, but I used Boomba's kit, with the top/bottom dog bones and front mount. I tried jacking the engine as an extra precaution (the kit specifies no engine support needed) and it was too hard. Taking the jack out made it 100% easier to get the bottom dog bone out.

Still, nice DIY!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
As long as your side mounts are in place, you don't need to jack up the engine. If it's too hard just take the front mount off so you can push the engine forward a little.

I didn't use this mount, but I used Boomba's kit, with the top/bottom dog bones and front mount. I tried jacking the engine as an extra precaution (the kit specifies no engine support needed) and it was too hard. Taking the jack out made it 100% easier to get the bottom dog bone out.

Still, nice DIY!
I jacked it up just to make it easier to get in and out, I also had boomba's on my 08 civic si and jacking it up is the easiest way to do it. Especially if you have never done it before :)

We are still running this mount in my wife's car and its holding up perfect !

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah the photo bucket got messed up so the pics are gone sorry. But he is selling them now and it still is working great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I'm assuming that this mount is now the Zerg mount? I noticed the zerg is an alternative to the hasport I'm just nervous as to if the quality will be just as good, which it seems like it is if it's still holding up well after a couple years lol.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Not sure where this mount is being sold still but it is. We have had no problems with this mount at all.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts