8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off let me thank Rob at Robear Racing for letting me do this review for him :woowoo:

This mount will not come in the neo chrome color it will come in silver. It will also have real Prothane bushings, something that is not offered by other competitors.

Shipping is Super fast and this is what I got in the package.

Installation is super easy and you need very little tools to get it done. Here are the tools that I used to get it done.
-Floor jack with jack stand and (not shown) a rear wheel chalk and a small piece of wood. I used a 17mm, 19mm sockets and a little white grease.

First thing jack up the car and put the jack stand under it with a rear wheel chalk for added safety.

Here is the rear mount that you will be replacing.

To make it super easy to get the rear stock mount out and the new rear mount back in I also took the bolt out of the front mount so I could jack up the motor to make room to get the rear mount out.

The rear mount bolts are 19mm and there are just two.

The front mount bolt is 17mm and you just need to remove one.

I really don't like to jack the motor up with the jack with out something in between the jack and the motor so I just used a piece of wood.

Be careful not to jack the car up off the jack stands while jacking up the motor. You can only jack it up so far before you start to lift up the whole car and you don't need to jack it up that much to get the rear mount out. As you can see the wood I used is a single use piece :facepalm:

This is what it looks like with the front and rear mount bolts out and the motor jack up. As you can see you have plenty of room to slide out the stock mount and slide in the new rear mount.

You can see the difference from the stock mount to Robear's mount.

This is where the white grease come into play. I put it on the top and bottom of the rubber mount so I could get it to slide in and move it around until I got it in the right place. It is a super tight fit for the new mount in the front and back mounting points so it might take some time to get it in just right.

Once you get it in, let the motor back down and put the bolts back in the rear mount and also the front bolt back in the front mount. I found some torque spec's that called for 67ft lb for the rear mount bolts and 47ft lb for the front mount bolt.

Here- it is all bolted down and ready to go. Install time was about 1 hr from start to finish.

My first though of this mount was WOW it looks great in the Neo Chrome color, BUT I can see why it will only be offered in silver. The Neo Chrome color will not hold up over time (IMO)

The shipping was super fast and the stickers is a added bonus. Installation was pretty easy and did not take many tools to get it done.

When I first started the install, you can tell there was a after market mount installed. The car does vibrate more and the car feels better to shift. Overall, the car feels more tight while shifting and you can feel the shifts better through the shiftier.

The only thing I wish the mount had was some sort of Robear Racing badge engraved into it. I know you cant see it after you install it, but I like parts with companies badges on them. Also, if it came with a small tube of grease to put on the bushing during install it would help with not having to go get some if you don't have some laying around the garage.

Any questions just ask and thanks again to Robear for letting me do this DIY/Review.

A little more info strait from Rob at Robear Racing: Price will be around $75-$85, price is not 100% determined yet

Colors will be Silver only so far, but may have Black Chrome in the future

Robear Racing Profile

http://www.robearracing.com/

M#53440 installed :vtec:

·
Registered
727 Posts
next time place the jack and block of wood on oil pan not in between of engine and trans...can easily cause enough pressure to cause a leak in between...that being said good DiY and i will be getting one of these mounts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next time place the jack and block of wood on oil pan not in between of engine and trans...can easily cause enough pressure to cause a leak in between...that being said good DiY and i will be getting one of these mounts
Thanks for the advise but I don't like to put the jack on the oil pan and were I had it there is no way it would leak from pressure.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is jacking up the motor required? Jw because i have a skidplate underneath the oil pan/transmission lol.
You might be able to get away with out jacking it up but it will be a million times harder to get the stock mout out and the new one in.

It might not even be possible to do it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just noticed that you have 2x crush washers on your oil drain plug.

on another note, Good Write-up.

Still trying to decide weather I want to put up with the extra vibrations or not and do this to my car.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just noticed that you have 2x crush washers on your oil drain plug.

on another note, Good Write-up.

Still trying to decide weather I want to put up with the extra vibrations or not and do this to my car.
It's a good part and you really don't even notice the vibration after it broke in.

And I only have one washer on it, the other one that looks like one is the drain plug bolt. They are different colors.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im intrested how is this mount compared to a hasport mount 88A jus wondering because i wannna order my header asap and this price looks rite for this mount?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good write up! love the neo chrome!!
Yeah I like the color to, and it is holding up very well. I don't think they will over it in this color. It's was a test mount and everything went well so I think they have moved on to making it.

Im intrested how is this mount compared to a hasport mount 88A jus wondering because i wannna order my header asap and this price looks rite for this mount?
Hit up Rob at Robear http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/members/2395.html

I think this mount will do what you are looking for, I have had no problems with it and I was just under the car doing a oil change and it looks brand new still.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts