8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be taking a road trip to Seattle, WA to visit friends and family in early October. Any point of interest outside of California that I may want to stop for ie Oregon area...?

So Far we are planning on driving straight through, and maybe stop in Portland, or go straight through to Kent/Seattle area.

So far on the agenda:
Pikes place market for the shopping and good sea food.
The Burned down city that they built over...(forgot name?)
Space needle fo sho...
Autocross with the Suby crew in the Boeing parking lot
Visit family and friends in Bellvue and Olympia.

Anything else I shodul experience while I'm up there.

We were deabting on possibly spending a day to visit Vancouver???

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
If you are going to go up north you might think about the San Juan Islands. There is plenty to do on the Seattle waterfront though. There may be a Football game while your are there we have a great stadium. Make sure that you check out the arcade at the bottom of the space needle. Go for a ride on the monorail.

I wonder if Hallopalooza will be going on well you are there (scampers off to Google) ahh cant find a date but I am pretty sure that it is in Oct. It is a big party in seattle square with concerts and stuff. I would check out the Seattle Science center they have tons of cool crap and a Imax theater I think.

If you are going to have fun you might want to google the Tacoma Dome and see if there is any events that are interesting going on. Take the ferry (had to take my wifes family becasue they had never been on one). You could also stop at the gourge on the way up, it is a natural ampitheater. I dont know if they have anything going on that time of year though. Maybe a concert?

There is a ton of crap in Portland to right before you cross the Columbia to get into Washington. If you are interested in any stuff stop by a visitor center in Seattle or Portland they will have all kinds of information of things to do. Visitor centers are a well kept traveling secret. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i heard the underground tour was awesome. If you dont have kids going, take the adult tour tour. i was told its a lot better and funnier

1 - 6 of 6 Posts