8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This question I guess is more directed towards the coupe owners out there so here goes...I'm still deciding between a coupe and sedan and I just wanted to know if its bearable to take a coupe on a road trip. I live in SoCal and I'm planning on driving to San Francisco with four people in the car but this is only a summer thing for a couple of days. Other than that, I'm usually driving around town with barely any passengers. So should I just be safe and get a sedan and not get that sporty look for 360 days left in the year or have two of my friends suck it up and ride in the back for a couple of hours. We can't find any other vehicle to get up there and I'm gonna be the one who's gonna be purchasing a new car soon. Thanks for taking the time to read!:wavey:

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's actually pretty comfortable back there. The back seat leans toward the back of the car more than you expect, and you feel like you're in a lounge chair. I won't lie to you, leg room is fairly tight, but not uncomfortable to the point of having to twist legs around. I'm 6' 200 lbs and could sit back there easily for a couple of hours.

Go find a coupe at the dealer or friends and sit in the back.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Dude, If I can successfully make love in the backseat of My Si for an hour, I could def ride back there for 24+ hours.

The baby I made was in the front seat though....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow really? I went to the LA Auto Show and sat in the Si Coupe and I looked in the back and it looked pretty cramp but being able to make love back there? That's talent! I think I'll take some friends to the dealer or maybe I'll just sit back there myself to see what it's like. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
i live in so cal and my wife and i drive to sf on a regular basis...weve never taken my si coupe....we take her jetta (thats fine with me, less miles on the si!)

with that being said, buy what you want! its only for a couple of days and youre not going to be sitting in the back seat, so who cares its a little cramped. if you want a coupe it would really suck to buy a sedan just so your friends are more comfortable on a one time four day road trip.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ive taken my sedan on 2 fairly long trips.
One was in the moutain roads from vancouver to lilloute , then liilloute to whistler, then whistler back to van. Very nice and scenic drive about 1000KMS.
the drive was pretty comfotable, my lower back was a little sore at the end of the day, but that was the only real concern. The R18 is pretty tame and discrete on the highway, 160KMS feels smooth and willing. compared to the older gens, but still is very much under powererd for passing.
Another trip was vancouver to portland. That was about 7 hours of straight highway. Nothing to complain about, rear passengers werent complaining, but they werent in joy either, i wouldnt imagine driving that long in a coupe in the back seats. Also alot of in and out trips, to the bathroom, to get snacks, take pics, a coupe would def be more labourous for that reason .
If your goin for a road trip the coupe will be fine, as long as your not taking the elderly, and as long as its not going to be a once a week type of deal the coupe will be fine

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
there is plenty of room in the back of the coupe for a road trip. go for the coupe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To be fair, I'm only 5'7" tall so the back seat is fine for me. But my tall friends, three of which are 6'4" do NOT like the back seat of my car. They have to shrink down in their seats a little and those in the front have to scoot up a lot. As it is, you're only going a few hours, so the coupe should be okay, but any road trips longer than that would suck for tall people in a coupe. As others have said, go for what you like the best, but I just wanted to let you know about my buddies who don't like the back seat since they're tall.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Simply put if all 4 are over 6 feet. It's gonna be really miserable in the coupe. I'm not sure about the sedan, as I have a coupe myself. I'm 6'2 and for me to get comfortable in my car, nobody can sit behind me basically.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input! I'm going for the coupe for sure...now LX or EX is another question but I'm not gonna get into that here and now haha. Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Thanks for all the input! I'm going for the coupe for sure...now LX or EX is another question but I'm not gonna get into that here and now haha. Thanks a lot guys!
your welcome

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dude, If I can successfully make love in the backseat of My Si for an hour, I could def ride back there for 24+ hours.

The baby I made was in the front seat though....
haha damn right
if you can **** a ***** in the backseat, you can carry a couple too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts