1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
utstu said:
$9,000 = +5 hp?

Horsepower isn't everything...

Not to mention lets price out an HFP Civic

MSRP for a base CIVIC SI sedan with summer tires and full HFP Kit would be $23,432.

18" HFP Rims MSRP:$1196.00 (not including tires)
HFP Muffler MSRP: $ 399.00
HFP Suspension: $ 800.00

So to get an HFP Civic you are looking at $25,827 + ~550 for tires = $26327

So about a $3,000 dollar difference between an HFP Civic and a Rare, better looking (IMO) Mugen Civic...

Yes these are all MSRP and you can get all the parts cheaper, but seeing how you are looking at MSRP of a Mugen SI, i thought I would compare MSRP as well. (notice this also does not include labor for any of the parts installed)

Would I buy the Mugen SI? Nope, but I do think it is worth the price tag of $29,500 for what you get. If you are going to buy a lip kit, suspension and rims for your car it is certainly worth looking at. Especially if you are going to do it right and go with quality pieces.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Floored said:
Horsepower isn't everything...

Not to mention lets price out an HFP Civic

MSRP for a base CIVIC SI sedan with summer tires and full HFP Kit would be $23,432.

18" HFP Rims MSRP:$1196.00 (not including tires)
HFP Muffler MSRP: $ 399.00
HFP Suspension: $ 800.00

So to get an HFP Civic you are looking at $25,827 + ~550 for tires = $26327

So about a $3,000 dollar difference between an HFP Civic and a Rare, better looking (IMO) Mugen Civic...

Yes these are all MSRP and you can get all the parts cheaper, but seeing how you are looking at MSRP of a Mugen SI, i thought I would compare MSRP as well. (notice this also does not include labor for any of the parts installed)

Would I buy the Mugen SI? Nope, but I do think it is worth the price tag of $29,500 for what you get. If you are going to buy a lip kit, suspension and rims for your car it is certainly worth looking at. Especially if you are going to do it right and go with quality pieces.
you know when you break it down like that.... it makes alot of sense to buy the mugen civic. Thinking about it myself i spent about 1300 dollars right as soon as i drove the car off the lot with my HFP lip kit and muffler. So yeah it adds up after a while.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JEA86 said:
you know when you break it down like that.... it makes alot of sense to buy the mugen civic. Thinking about it myself i spent about 1300 dollars right as soon as i drove the car off the lot with my HFP lip kit and muffler. So yeah it adds up after a while.

I agree with the above statement. I believe that maybe you should start a new thread "Civic Si HFP vs Mugen Si" so people can see what the true difference is. Excellent comparison. I cant believe know thought about doing this earlier.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
then someone comes in here saying he just bought a mugen si and yells WOOO YEAAAAH I CAN BEAT EVERY STOCK SI ON THIS BOARD.. mugen si! woo jdm ftmfw. it so sexy it like mugen blessed my car with mugen powzar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts