8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've never done the Tail of the Dragon before, but it reminds me of the Road to Hana in Maui. Approximately 620 turns (most of which are hairpin and/or blind) and 59 bridges (46 of which are one-lane) in about 50 miles, and it takes about 3 hours to complete it, if you don't stop at any of the waterfalls of course! Oh yeah, and much of the road is on the edge of a cliff. It's absolutely gorgeous (especially with the top down!), but it's very, very tiresome and dangerous, and it's easy to get carsick! :face-puke:
Anyway, I'm moving back to the east coast soon (to North Carolina, in fact), and I'm gonna get me a Civic Si as soon as I get there. Perhaps I'll be able to make this event! Has anyone here ever driven the road to Hana?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done it in a minivan. Really glad I was the driver. I wouldn't be able to survive it otherwise without getting carsick. My passengers can vouche for that, given we had to stop several times for puke breaks.
Exactly! I was the driver on the way out there, and it rained pretty hardcore most of the way! Scary stuff, but it was fun! :dancingcoolsmiley: My wife drove on the way back, and I nearly puked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.