8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good road course in the MD/Washington D.C area? I would like to get into this, but I am not having much luck with my Google searches.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Summit Point, New Jersey Motorsport Park, Pocono Raceway, and VIR are the closest if I'm not mistaken. Supposedly there is another one opening close to richmond, but I think it's more of a country club, probably not open to the public.

That said, we have TONS of local autocross clubs, with lots and lots of national-level competition. I found that prepared me extremely well for track days- the car control you learn is second to none.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to autocross school last month and loved it. I plan on continuing with that, drag racing, and hopefully road racing in the near future. Thanks all

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Sweet - I'll be moving to DC in a few months. Good to know! Any more news on the Richmond road course?
Ah, that's been planned for years now. They're building it in my hometown where I grew up (New Kent County), it's basically in between Richmond and Williamsburg.

The course is called Dragons Ridge, I haven't heard any updates on that place since about 2006. Last I heard, they got everything approved but were trying to raise the funds to actually build it.

As for tracks in the area, Summit Point and VIR are your best bets. Summit Point is the closest, from Dulles you can get there in less than an hour.

VIR is a bit more of a hike, a couple of hours away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is Bill Scott Racing still out at Summit Point? We used to work SCCA races and do track days there years ago, before they reconfigured the place. Met some interesting folks there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, that's been planned for years now. They're building it in my hometown where I grew up (New Kent County), it's basically in between Richmond and Williamsburg.

The course is called Dragons Ridge, I haven't heard any updates on that place since about 2006. Last I heard, they got everything approved but were trying to raise the funds to actually build it.

As for tracks in the area, Summit Point and VIR are your best bets. Summit Point is the closest, from Dulles you can get there in less than an hour.

VIR is a bit more of a hike, a couple of hours away.
My buddy at work just mentioned he was going to Summit point soon. I will probably plan a day to check it out soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts