8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am kinda mad, just got my first scrape on my rim. I know its just a little scrape, but it irritates me knowing it has a flaw now. I had on my 2006 Ford Explorer some Falken Ziex S/TZ04 tires. The Falkens had some kinda rim protection feature that let the tire hit anything first so it doesn't mess up the rims & still keeping them low-pro So that brings me to this question, are there any rims that have a similar rim protection feature on them while still staying in the "low profile" category with nice responsiveness and good performance??

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
What tires and wheels are you talking about? A lot of the performance wheels are more boxy as opposed to rounded off. Usually it's the more round ones that offer you the wheel protection you're looking for. Either that, or you could just increase the width of your tire so it sticks out a little bit more compared to the wheel.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
:yeahthat:

For example I have 225/45/17 on a 17x7 as you can see the tires act as a protection barrier for the rim. That is the widest you can go on a 17x7 safely.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
:yeahthat:

For example I have 225/45/17 on a 17x7 as you can see the tires act as a protection barrier for the rim. That is the widest you can go on a 17x7 safely.
^ yep, thats what I got too. BFG G-Force Sports on OEM Si stock sized Enkei wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts